New technique i've been doing

I'm usually in a hurry on vehicles and don't have much time to "f" with stupid crap on some vehicles. Lately, I've been biting the bullet and have been pulling door panels on the vehicles with tight seals that I notice take more time messing with than I should.

Newer honda accords, the new avengers, BMW's, Scion TC's. I've been pulling these panels lately and Perfect, clean install every time! Don't have to "f" with stubborn fingers that you have to keep heating up, no risk in tucking hard, rubber seals that are beneath the panel.

Like I said, I never want to spend too much time on a vehicle,but damn, this has saved even more time (once you know screw and clip locations on the panels) and such a clean install, hassel free! I still tuck seals when I can,but If I know I have messed with small tight seals on a particular vehicle, I pull the panels and save some time.

Anyone agree? :poke

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

never pull the panels but I do know when to remove the rear decks for pesky 3rd BL's when I know the bulldozer wont cut it. :poke

It's all in what you know and how skilled one is at tinting. I do not, I repeat, do not pull door panels. Never have and never will. All my shrinking is done right proper before I ever put the tint on the glass and my technique gives me very clean installs. Just what I've trained myself to do in the 24 years I've been tinting.

Practice, practice, practice young one. :poke

There are several vehicles that I have found that you can simply wedge something in the corners of the door panel and it will pry back the top of the panel and keep it there untill you remove whatever you stuck in there. This provides plenty of room to feed your tint behind the gasket.

You would be surprised how many cars you can simmp0ly grap the top corner of the panel and pull back some and wedge something in there to hold it back :poke

Guest willie
I agree. Half the time the trick is knowing when to pull and when not to pull.

Some cars are so easy to pull the panels that it doesn't make sense not to do it, others demand it.

There are several vehicles that I have found that you can simply wedge something in the corners of the door panel and it will pry back the top of the panel and keep it there untill you remove whatever you stuck in there. This provides plenty of room to feed your tint behind the gasket.

You would be surprised how many cars you can simmp0ly grap the top corner of the panel and pull back some and wedge something in there to hold it back :poke

Sounds like its time for another pinned thread list on panels :poke:nono

It gettin dark...firecracker time :nono

Guest tintgod
Don't forget to check the http://www.tintdude.com/need-felt.html thread.... Lots of the newer Accords need felt and some of the new BMW's rear doors need felt too.... :spit

im getting to the point were I dont even what to felt the seals anymore..I had a discussion with an other member of the board and he is at the same spot I am getting...why should we felt something the car makers decided to cut corners and we should fix?.. :poke

im getting to the point were I dont even what to felt the seals anymore..I had a discussion with an other member of the board and he is at the same spot I am getting...why should we felt something the car makers decided to cut corners and we should fix?.. :spit

Look at it as an upsell, at cctint's shop, it's an additional 39.95 per door for felt...easy money.

Archived