Another Sungard Desert Smoke

No such thing as a "perfect film" whatever is easiest to access when you are low and durable enough to bring you repeat biz..... Everyone has their own film that gets the results per their clientel... Honestly, I haven't tried EVERY film out there. I haven't had the opportunity. I would love to... So I would know for sure what is the best. but too busy keeping biz steady and paying the bills to experiement. ya know? :lol6:beer

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No such thing as a "perfect film" whatever is easiest to access when you are low and durable enough to bring you repeat biz..... Everyone has their own film that gets the results per their clientel... Honestly, I haven't tried EVERY film out there. I haven't had the opportunity. I would love to... So I would know for sure what is the best. but too busy keeping biz steady and paying the bills to experiement. ya know? :lol6:beer

Yeah same here I always use HP films though! I thought that Desert was lifetime but I cant remember

Well speaking from experience I quit using sungard because I was haveing warranty issues that were not being paid on 100% legal jobs and there was always an excuse or they never received the bad film.

Still Paying for it almost 4 years later :dunno

Likewise mate.

Endurance, Desert Smoke, HPW, ucking all s**t to hell down here and same dramas as you with warranty claims.

Infamous reputation for shite all around the country.

Devil

Likewise mate.

Endurance, Desert Smoke, HPW, ucking all s**t to hell down here and same dramas as you with warranty claims.

Infamous reputation for shite all around the country.

Devil

Was Sup Dev!? When ever I read you post I hear a heavy "Foster's" type accent :thumb:thumb

So like even though the film was bad the adhesive was still a beotch to remove. And another thing the film is sticky as well. :thumb

We used desert smoke for 9 years, first 7 years we done a few thousand cars with it and never had a single one come back, last 2 years we started having quite a few come back for adhesive failure. Quit using it but they always took care of us on warranty claims, seems they changed the adhesive a few yrs back and its had problems ever since.

Guest darkdan
No such thing as a "perfect film" whatever is easiest to access when you are low and durable enough to bring you repeat biz..... Everyone has their own film that gets the results per their clientel... Honestly, I haven't tried EVERY film out there. I haven't had the opportunity. I would love to... So I would know for sure what is the best. but too busy keeping biz steady and paying the bills to experiement. ya know? :thumb:thumb

I just about have tried them all.

Don't do it.

They all read the board and then hold it against you because they feel you aren't representing "their" brand very well.

When really all I was doing is experimenting to find what I enjoy.

I've got one company I'm for sure keeping. Now I'm trying to decide on who will be the 2nd company I'm going to deal with (upsell film). I keep leaning one direction, then another, and then another, but I've narrowed down my 2nd film to three. Now I just need to make the plunge.

Luckily, I have enough stocked up for a few more months before I have to make a choice.

Archived