Another Sungard Desert Smoke

Guest tintgod
We used desert smoke for 9 years, first 7 years we done a few thousand cars with it and never had a single one come back, last 2 years we started having quite a few come back for adhesive failure. Quit using it but they always took care of us on warranty claims, seems they changed the adhesive a few yrs back and its had problems ever since.

that is what gets me..why would a film company change something that has been working so well...just doesnt make sense to me...if it aint broken...done fix it!! :thumb

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have used alot of desert smoke over the years and we have done our share of redo's, but if you consider how many cars are done in our shop each year and how many come back with bad film the ratio isn't bad. We now use 3M fxhp and Color Stable but we had our first car come back the other day with bad c.s. that we tinted a couple of years ago.

Guest thatsnappyguy

well I was using the cobalt series for a while and I been having alot of problems. my wifes car has 35% and it faded to look like 50% with in a year. and the 5% on the visor looks alomost like a a gold look. strip and redoin soon but ima put some good film on it this time.

Archived