Touran Rear Vents

Guest phase3

Pull the panel, couple of 10mm's and you need to remove all the outer door seal.

Only way to do them

ND

JUST FINISHED ONE USING THIS INFO GREAT AN TO THE POINT THANKS :twocents

Can anyone be a little more specific about this topic? Its great that you got it done...now how about shedding some light so others can benefit from it?

I suppose its the reason why we make such threads in the first place!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest blanco_londres

dont waste your time removing panels, your never gonna make any cash if it takes you 5 hours to tint a touran, if you cut about 1mil into the rubber theres room enough to slide in the film and lay it down,

bit like some of the merc c classes, etc

Guest naughtydog
dont waste your time removing panels, your never gonna make any cash if it takes you 5 hours to tint a touran, if you cut about 1mil into the rubber theres room enough to slide in the film and lay it down,

bit like some of the merc c classes, etc

It takes me about 10 mins to get them out, and they look like a proper job when they are done.

There is a big rubber area on those, I did a merc today and keep the panels on those and still get the film right to the back of the 1/4 glass os it looks factory but the Touran is a different thing altogether.

I suppose I could just paint them black!

Guest blanco_londres

well senor naughty, I would'nt advise you to paint them black, theres no need to, that response was not for you anyway, it was directed at the fella having problems tinting, you got your way captain and it works for you,

you obviously know what your doing (on that one) but everyone tints differently.

I did not tell the civic fella to paint it black, but I gave him 3 options to make a clean job, whats your trick on the older smart for 2's rear perspex quarters?

personally I would paint the whole panel, mask up whole car, scuff it up with 800 wet and dry, plastic primer, basecoat, jet black, 3 coats of clear, cut and buff=factory look.

charge an extra 60 notes, easy money!

Guest naughtydog

I thought that would get a response!!

That sounds like way to much hassle for me. The customer wants to see out of that little window as the visability is really bad on the civics.

Each to his own..as you say...

Well the Touran's back in the morning so I'm gonna have another shot at taking the quarters out. I usually trim the rubber on C-class mercs and get the film to sit just right.

I suppose doing the same here is also an option but just a bit more awkard. Will update tmro...cheers for the responses :thumb

Well the Touran's back in the morning so I'm gonna have another shot at taking the quarters out. I usually trim the rubber on C-class mercs and get the film to sit just right.

I suppose doing the same here is also an option but just a bit more awkard. Will update tmro...cheers for the responses :thumb

Do it naughtydog way I done it following his instructions 10 min per door.

1 . pull window down

2 . pull panal

3. take 2 bolts out

4. pull dividing bar down and take out

5. peel rubber seal off around top of door

6. this makes small window loose and easy to take out.

This what I done an it worked great,oh by the way had never took a door window out before.

when putting bar back in use small bit of slip on rubber to get back in easier.

Archived