US financial jitters.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest metro jim

Interesting topic. I had been doing some personal research into why the great depression happened. There are about 12 all around Ideas that do not contradict each other (though the theorists say they do) but because every country is different you will always get different veiws.

"Are we in a recession or a depression?" I hear people say its just a recession, but a recession does not usually affect most of world.

The soviet Union/russia was not affected during the great depression because of economic isolation.

All attemps of bailouts at that time did not work, and many belive it only made things worse. This is because capital was taken from things that did work and was countering the failing economies, and was given to things that were failing that were the initial cause of the failing economy. I say things, because it wasn't just companies, it was people, policys, ect.

So we bailed out banks.....didn't stop foreclosers.....didn't stop banks from failing....didn't get more financing for those that needed it.

now we are going to bail out the auto industry.....What is it really going to do? nothing as long as status quo stays the same. If the corporate owners were asked to give a personal garantee of payback, would they? I really do not think so and if they wont give a personaly garantee why should we pay for something they do not truely belive would work?

Not to sound bleek but maybe we should VOTE OUT those that vote BAIL OUT.

If you think that these bail outs are good, please pm me and I will give you an address to send some of your money. I know of many business's that need bail out money. If you do not send money then you really aren't commited to the bail out idea, if you are broke and cannot send use your credit line, thats what the government is doing.

So what can be done?..... Hmmm? end trade deficits? that would solve the problem, might take a while but it would only cost ink on paper but would be more effective then any of these dumb Ideas from WALL STREET, WASHINGTON, FINANCIAL CO's, and THE BIG 3

What else? we need money now! .......HMMmmm?....End all foreign aid (regardless of what country your in or where your money goes) That would free up some real cash the government can lend out to its patriots.

I cannot think of anything else that really would be needed to turn this economy around. Any of these band aid, kwik ficks aren't gonna work. Just listen to what a guy said from wall street. He stated that the US should allow GM to start making economy cars in korea insted of the US so they can make a profit off them, and allow them to just make the gas guzzling cars here with out the overall fuel efficient/MPG requirements that car makers Currently have.???????????? HOW DOES THAT STOP PEOPLE AT GM FROM LOSING THERE JOBS? thats what any bailout is about right or is it just the company and its stockholders?

Sorry if this is ranting but I am really distubed by this all.

Pertaining to window film/tint, I think we will continue to see a decline in consumption (at least in the US) for at least a while after the economy turns around.

I think you will see alot of dumping of film inventories (from dealer, distributor, private label rebox brands and foriegn Manufacturers) that will open our markets to high competition after the economy recovers hurting the better US made film manufacturers.

DID I miss anything?

:spit

Archived