slippery when wet

Guest atypicaldave

Guest atypicaldave

Do you think it really makes any difference what soap is used to tint with? I have always heard, in recent years, that dish soap is not good for the adhesive. Am I nuts for using this Film On stuff from llumar or should I use baby shampoo?

Guest thetintshop

most of us on here either use film-on or some type of baby shampoo. I use film-on. dishwashing liquid is too harsh. film-on is basically baby shampoo with out the perfume, dye, and thickener.

I would be weary of useing a soap like joy, that advertises that it breaks down grease and stuff, whats to stop it from breaking down the glue also :shoot1 I dunno I just use baby shampoo :shoot2

Guest SherSlip

Where did you here that dish soap breaks down the glue. Has the film manufactuers banned dish soap. You would think if it caused problems they would not warranty film if not installed with thier silp solution. I use baby shampo and Joy, more Joy than baby shampo - just a habit. I had a jug of Madico slip solution sitting in the shop for the last year and never opened it. Maby one day.

:bingo

dawn, joy and those types have degreasers in them amoung other things. I use simple pink to remove glue during strip and retints, its also a degreaser, just more of a concentrated level that joy and dawn.

this is a agrument that will go on forever, joy good, joy bad :bingo but no way I`m going to use something to put film on with that has known chemcals in it that disolve glue. :bingo there are many people that swear joy has worked for them for years, and there are just as many that say it harms the film. I`m playing it safe and am gonna use whats recommended.

Archived