07 Corolla quarter windows

b_faulk75

I actually tried to take out those pesky little rear door quarter glass windows today, I removed the upper hidden screw, then the one behind the panel, but I could not get the window track that runs in front of the quarter to move enough to get it out. This rear window track runs all the way to the bottom of the door, I even removed the lower bolt on the track, but it still wouldn't come completely out. Do you guys take this rear window track out? If so do you remove the roll up glass first, I got scurred of breaking things so I just put it back together and did the best I could with those little windows, but I still want to be able to remove them to do a proper job. :eyebrows

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's how I always do it, but no matter how carful I am I end up getting some contamination or worse, small little creases around the edge of the film. I hate it personally and would like to be the place that does em right. Kind of a trademark, if those windows look like crap you will know I didn't do it, if they look factory, you will know I did. But thanks for the reply. :eyebrows

Today I razored, shoved my bone in there :eyebrows with a paper towel on it, then I used another pointy squegee I have that was a bit thinner than the bone. Today I really did not have a lot of contamination, just a few of those small creases I was talking about. I have an 03 accord to do in the morning, I am going to try to take it out if it is necessary.

Today I razored, shoved my bone in there :eyebrows with a paper towel on it, then I used another pointy squegee I have that was a bit thinner than the bone. Today I really did not have a lot of contamination, just a few of those small creases I was talking about. I have an 03 accord to do in the morning, I am going to try to take it out if it is necessary.

first off...try a micro fiber cloth instead of paper towel...works wonders...and second...the creases should heat out with a chizler. :poke

Guest MarcoLb55
first off...try a micro fiber cloth instead of paper towel...works wonders...and second...the creases should heat out with a chizler. :eyebrows

chizzler takes time if theres alot of creases,,,start fresh

Archived