Who really makes 35% as an istaller at a tint shop?

How's it going. I've been looking over the site for info on pay for a window tinter. I'm wondering if any one really makes 35%. At the shop I run (my uncle owns) I do everything (phones, sales, installs). He's never around. We fired my two helpers before summer and I worked my as@ off because of that. If I had earned 35% I would have been making around 7-8grand a month for most of the summer. So I'm just wondering if people really make this much. Thanks for the input.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

look at it this way. its sounds like you do a lot. ive been in that situation before and I know it can be a bit*h. Just pulled the liner from the back glass and the phone rings...... just think if you didnt have to do all that. work for somone else, make less percentage but have more time to tint. you have to weigh if he treats you right. I dont think many tinters make that percentage, I think most probibly dont make that. we just get faster. I cant speak for everyone though. just my :thumb

Thanks for the feedback. I'm working on opening a shop for myself before summer. Then I'll be making 100% :lol2 Wish I would have looked all this up before this last summer. Might have been helpful. So I'm guessing you guys are getting 35% all year round. Damn. I could have bought a few more toys with that cash. :cool

Guest Key West

30% to 35% is the average for a good tinter. I have made (and paid) as much as 45%. (That didn't last long!) As long as pricing is in line, a good tinter should make around $1600 + per week) in the busy season.

Be careful of buying those toys, though. Be sure to bank some for the NOT busy times.

Try talking to the boss before going it alone. Let me tell you, 30 to 35% without the headaches of overhead is a blessing!!! Being your own boss has it's bebefits, but making good money without all the associated crap is pretty damn sweet. There are better money offers, but money AINT everything, just a major part. :cool:lol2

Archived