My first one

Guest Rubes

post-12524-1192847632.jpgWell for the most part I always tried to avoid these cars and any of the such cars like the vette the beetle and so on but I did a vette last weekend and it was pretty easy I thought thanks to this forum using some of the pointers like the taking your time I am so glad I didnt try to rush this one It took me like 1 hour to shrink it in one peice and none landed on the floor thanks guys :shock

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CleanCutter
post-12524-1192847632.jpgWell for the most part I always tried to avoid these cars and any of the such cars like the vette the beetle and so on but I did a vette last weekend and it was pretty easy I thought thanks to this forum using some of the pointers like the taking your time I am so glad I didnt try to rush this one It took me like 1 hour to shrink it in one peice and none landed on the floor thanks guys :shock

Looks good. Now you know the newer 'vettes aren't nearly as hard as everyone tells you they are.

Anyone (else) pull the door seals and get past the double swiper? Read most all the posts on here before making a first post, never saw anyone mention that. The seals come out about the same way as a Dodge Ram. (door panels are only held on with 2 10mm bolts if you wanted to take the whole panel off. Only takes a few seconds).

Looks good. Now you know the newer 'vettes aren't nearly as hard as everyone tells you they are.

Anyone (else) pull the door seals and get past the double swiper? Read most all the posts on here before making a first post, never saw anyone mention that. The seals come out about the same way as a Dodge Ram. (door panels are only held on with 2 10mm bolts if you wanted to take the whole panel off. Only takes a few seconds).

I dont see the need to pull seals on a framless window, but if it works for you then go for it. And you are right it really doesnt take that long

Guest Key West
I dont see the need to pull seals on a framless window, but if it works for you then go for it. And you are right it really doesnt take that long

You really don't need to pull gaskets on frameless windows.BUT in a case like this or a 3000GT/Stealth, pulling the gaskets make life A WHOLE LOT easier. If the gaskets come out easily, why on earth would you choose to struggle thru an otherwise easy install? I am ALL ABOUT making life easier. :lol2:twocents

When you guys say good job or nice. what is it are you refuring to? The car ? Or the tint job? If the tint job, how can you tell if the job came out good if you cant see nothing from that picture

Guest CleanCutter

my "good job" is just in reference to him doing the job (his first one of the model), getting it done and feeling like it wasn't all the bad to do.

I don't pull frameless seals typically, unless it's just so insanely easy that it's silly not to. 05+ Mustangs are sorta similar, the door panels come off in about 10 seconds - and with the panel off, the window jumping up and down is irrelevant.. so, eh... why not. Even paneled, it's still only a 30 / 45 minute car

Everything else, that's what a good flattened tinter's skull is for... push till it hurts.

Archived