my job sucks

Well as it say's ,it sucks. This is why:

Been here two and a half years NO INCREASE IN PAY!

Normal work week 45-50 hrs NO OVER TIME PAY!

Shop was closed day after Thanksgiving NO PAY, Christmas eve NO PAY.

My former employer payed better and payed for the whole holiday or at least what the shop was closed.

I detailed for over 10 years profesionaly. I've got 5 plus in P.D.R. (a little rusty with that at the moment). I've got two and a half years in window tint / accesories instalation.

What I really would like to do is start my own buisness. I've been looking at buildings now for about three months ,but I lack start up capital.

I dont have a clue what to do? Thanks for what ever replies come in for this post ahead of time. It will probably be some time before I'm able to post again (no internet at home.)

Sorry about the downer just need any advise !!!!!

Merry Christmas

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep your head up there. I started my business with one roll of tint and did it mobile. Use your customers garages, detail mobile and work your way up, on the side.

I'm not a large operation, quite the opposite. I have a shop my dad and I built at home, so no major overhead. Sounds like you have allot to offer, you could maybe try finding another shop to work for, and start putting a little back each week, yes I know, easier said then done :evilgrin

where are you located

Guest goldtooth
If your not worth the increase , then you shuldn't get one..if your worth it, then leave and start your own gig or find an employer that'll treat you well :rimshot

:beer what he said.. keep in mind "a bird in hand is worth two in the bush"... wish you all the best dude..been there done that..left and found better,if you are worth(skilled) it take the chance :dunno happy holidays :dunno

Archived