my job sucks

I do understand going on my own will be hard, but its got to be more rewarding than this. :lol2

You'd think it would be... and it might, but it's a hard struggle starting off. If that's what you decide to do, just make sure you think of EVERYTHING and count the costs before making the change. IF its going to work, then go for it. But make sure you have a backup plan as well in case rent is due and you have no money coming it.

Obviously it's doable... just be smart about it and you'll be all that more likely to have things work out for ya. :lol2

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shoot for at least a % commission on your tinting. after you get that ask for an hourly raise for the rest of your labor.

or when I was at a shop years ago I made hourly and a smaller commission. I think it was $7.50 plus 5% commission. after a while I got it up to 12.5%. I didnt want to go full commission cuz I would hurt in the winter.

Just to answer and reply to some of your posts. I'm in the sandhills of NC.. I have asked for a raise several times. I am hourly. NO XMAS BOUNS!! The shop isnt just tint I have a whole :lol2 load of other work to do instaling parts. I guess thats another big issue too,it feels like the whole buisness seems to hang on weather or not I come in and.....nothing.

A 40 to 60 hour work week doesnt bother me, its the 40+ hours a week making jack :beer V's a little :lol2 in my pocket.

I do understand going on my own will be hard, but its got to be more rewarding than this. :lol2

How close to Shady Sherlock are you :lol2

Guest Key West

is right on the money. So is 27tint4. We ALL did crappy work at first. I know I cringe when I think about what I let go out the door my first few years. But after 10 years, one gets the idea that OK just dont cut it. And there are more than a few on here qualified to call some work crappy. I do not bash others work. (I just smile and politely walk away as I snicker) :spit:spit

Guest haroldshouseoftint
We ALL did crappy work at first. there are more than a few on here qualified to call some work crappy.

I never did crapy work :beer:spit:spit

Dude, if your all that and a box of cracker jacks, then you'd have gotten a raise :beer:nuts

Otherwise your boss doesn't see the potential in his/her employees, in which case you would be better off seeking another source of employment, only you know which one is right for your situation :spit:lol2

:spit I after 16+ years don't know what your talking about :lol2:nuts

I never did crapy work :nuts:nuts:lol2

Dude, if your all that and a box of cracker jacks, then you'd have gotten a raise :beer:spit

Otherwise your boss doesn't see the potential in his/her employees, in which case you would be better off seeking another source of employment, only you know which one is right for your situation :lol2:spit

:lol2 aaaaaaa......what he said.......ditto! :lol2 Yup! Yup! Yup! Thats me! :beer:lol2

Guest 27tint4

Olfa...I know you from OC and North County. We've both worked at a couple of the same places (many many years ago) ncme one to be sure.

I'm gonna leave you hangin' for now...but for your info, last we met/discoursed, it was on peaceful terms (finally)

got nuttin' agin ya bro! tint on

Archived