my job sucks

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West
Well as it say's ,it sucks. This is why:

Been here two and a half years NO INCREASE IN PAY!

Normal work week 45-50 hrs NO OVER TIME PAY!

Shop was closed day after Thanksgiving NO PAY, Christmas eve NO PAY.

My former employer payed better and payed for the whole holiday or at least what the shop was closed.

I detailed for over 10 years profesionaly. I've got 5 plus in P.D.R. (a little rusty with that at the moment). I've got two and a half years in window tint / accesories instalation.

What I really would like to do is start my own buisness. I've been looking at buildings now for about three months ,but I lack start up capital.

I dont have a clue what to do? Thanks for what ever replies come in for this post ahead of time. It will probably be some time before I'm able to post again (no internet at home.)

Sorry about the downer just need any advise !!!!!

Merry Christmas

Did ya get a christmas bonus? How does one calculate "overtime" with comission? :dunno Things could always be worse. There are LOTS of companies (non-tint, and tint) that don't pay holidays, or time that the biz is closed. With only 2.5 years experience tinting, I don't think I'd be out on my own just yet, but thats just me. :dunno Tinters are probably the most spoiled workforce I know of. Good money, shops that TAKE GOOD CARE of them, (I know that there are some dicks out there). But all in all, nowhere else can someone make this kind of money with so little education or effort. Tinters are TRULY prima donnas. (Yes, I fall into that category!! :rimshot )

Guest FilmBlazer
But all in all, nowhere else can someone make this kind of money with so little education or effort. Tinters are TRULY prima donnas. (Yes, I fall into that category!! :rimshot )

Fallacious

Guest 27tint4

big money got it right. at your experience level, if ya wanna make decent bucks...go mobile. hit the same body shops, used car dlrs., etc. on the same day of every week at EXACTLY the same time. get ready to put up with some rejection...but hang in there. you WILL get some work out there on your own.

installation expertise is your best friend. concentrate on being prompt, couteous, and good at what you do. read the book "how to start and run your own business"...and as soon as possible: incorporate. don't do it online. hire yourself an attorney to do it for you. this same attorney will help you understand and take advantages of incorporating.

you can bounce from job to job like I have for the past 28 years. I really don't even know how many different bozos I've slaved for...I lost count at 75 and that was several years ago. OR you can simply make a decision and stick with it no matter what others say.

I hope you decide to quit this slave driver and go to work for yourself. THEN you will come to know....that the worst slave driver you ever met is YOU. if you think slaving for that master is tough, wait till you start your own biz. that biz will boss you around like nobody's business. <hey...a pun. lol> however, the rewards are there as well. you get to watch your business grow and grow. you get to train high school grads that can't even spell the word howse. (house) it's a trip bro!

above all young grasshopper (LMAO) know that if you are always willing to work, there will always be work for you...observe your fellow grasshoppers. do they worry? (lol) no, they do not.

I hope my bs helps you in some small way bro

peace

first of all its sounds to me like this guy is either on salary or hourly. if youre good you deserve to get paid commission. and dont expect to get paid overtime or holidays. nice guys like us give bonuses for weekly goals and on christmas and birthdays. maybe you can hook up with some guys like us.

I hope you decide to quit this slave driver and go to work for yourself. THEN you will come to know....that the worst slave driver you ever met is YOU. if you think slaving for that master is tough, wait till you start your own biz. that biz will boss you around like nobody's business. <hey...a pun. lol> however, the rewards are there as well. you get to watch your business grow and grow. you get to train high school grads that can't even spell the word howse. (house) it's a trip bro!

peace

Man thats right on the money! Your crying about working 45-50 hrs a week just wait till you work for yourself. You might work more then that and open 7 days a week and maybe 10 hour days with no lunch. Thats what can happen when you work for yourself. But the only way to find out if you can make it on your own is to just do it. :rimshot

Just to answer and reply to some of your posts. I'm in the sandhills of NC.. I have asked for a raise several times. I am hourly. NO XMAS BOUNS!! The shop isnt just tint I have a whole :lol2 load of other work to do instaling parts. I guess thats another big issue too,it feels like the whole buisness seems to hang on weather or not I come in and.....nothing.

A 40 to 60 hour work week doesnt bother me, its the 40+ hours a week making jack :lol2 V's a little :lol2 in my pocket.

I do understand going on my own will be hard, but its got to be more rewarding than this. :beer

Archived