What brand now

First post, been a lurker for awhile now.

I`m a "former" Sungard dealer. With their recent closing, I`m now looking for a new brand. I know its all personal preferance, and I know there will be 8 to 10 differant answers here, but I`d like to hear what everyone is using and why.

I`ve been with Sungard for over 14 years, been tinting for over 17. I mainly used their Performx Charcoal film. Whats out there that is close to this film ?

I`d love to know the cause of Sungard`s sudden shut down as well if anyone has any insight on that as well.

TIA

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West
First post, been a lurker for awhile now.

I`m a "former" Sungard dealer. With their recent closing, I`m now looking for a new brand. I know its all personal preferance, and I know there will be 8 to 10 differant answers here, but I`d like to hear what everyone is using and why.

I`ve been with Sungard for over 14 years, been tinting for over 17. I mainly used their Performx Charcoal film. Whats out there that is close to this film ?

I`d love to know the cause of Sungard`s sudden shut down as well if anyone has any insight on that as well.

TIA

Did your browser not display the topic immediately below this one entitled "W\SunGard gone, what film?" In the dictionary, when you look up the definition of redundant it says "see redundant"!!! Dude, there are all sorts of new guys out there selling film. Take yer pick.

Not tryin' to be an a**hole, (I don't have to try to be one, I was blessed that it just comes natural.) I'm just expecting a flood of these SAME subject threads. Welcome to the board!!!  Set a spell, take yer shoes off.......Ya'll come back now........ :rollin

IMO The SunTek HP Looks EXACTLY like the PerformX Charcoal..... The SunTek has a more agressive adhesive also...

When I bought a roll of the PerformX to try I was told it was designed to compete w/ the SunTek also... :rollin

Did your browser not display the topic immediately below this one entitled "W\SunGard gone, what film?" In the dictionary, when you look up the definition of redundant it says "see redundant"!!! Dude, there are all sorts of new guys out there selling film. Take yer pick.

Not tryin' to be an a**hole, (I don't have to try to be one, I was blessed that it just comes natural.) I'm just expecting a flood of these SAME subject threads. Welcome to the board!!!  Set a spell, take yer shoes off.......Ya'll come back now........ :rollin

:nope :nope :lol2 Honey, did you forget to take your nice pills today? :thumb Or do you need a hug? :nope:rollin

IMO The SunTek HP Looks EXACTLY like the PerformX Charcoal..... The SunTek has a more agressive adhesive also...

When I bought a roll of the PerformX to try I was told it was designed to compete w/ the SunTek also... :rollin

I dont believe that is accurate because I have been using SunGard for about 13-14 years and started out with their Graphite line till they told me the name had been changed as a marketing strategy to PerformX but I have been using PerformX slate not charcoal. Either way I believe that Sungard's PerformX has been around longer than SunTek

Not tryin' to be an a**hole, (I don't have to try to be one, I was blessed that it just comes natural.) I'm just expecting a flood of these SAME subject threads. Welcome to the board!!!  Set a spell, take yer shoes off.......Ya'll come back now........ :thumb

I have to agree, if people would take the time to browse then search they would find an answer :nope I'm sure he knows what films are out there, lurkers always know :rollin:rollin

I like Solargard and Llumar, if I had a problem with one I always have the other and if by chance I lost both , I would call every company for samples and go with the film I think is better :nope

Archived