LLumar gett'n after it!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber

Hey look at that! They're selling the same film to the dealers as they do to us... and now they are giving them their own little version of Llumartech. Thanks Kent! :DD :DD

Guest tintgod

I don't understand how they think they can make money in the long run doing this...lets see..you set up a dealer selling film at a discounted price..thus..losing money from the local shops because they are not buying as much film at a higher cost..so they are losing money to the dealer..and losing money from the local shops..then..they lose even more if the local shop changes films or goes out of business..so it is a lose,lose,lose,lose situation..I just don't get it.

then..they cant guarantee that the dealership will be able to staff themselves with window tinter's and continue to give the service of window tinting at the dealership.

Guest solarspot
I don't understand how they think they can make money in the long run doing this...lets see..you set up a dealer selling film at a discounted price..thus..losing money from the local shops because they are not buying as much film at a higher cost..so they are losing money to the dealer..and losing money from the local shops..then..they lose even more if the local shop changes films or goes out of business..so it is a lose,lose,lose,lose situation..I just don't get it.

then..they cant guarantee that the dealership will be able to staff themselves with window tinter's and continue to give the service of window tinting at the dealership.

BINGO the local Llumar dist. was begging for tinters to staff the dealers they were setting up :shock

Ironically that was the last time I was in there

Guest Auto Dealer

Have you guys been wearing blinders? Every major manufacturer/converter is and has been doing this to some degree. This includes 3M,Madico, SunTek, BSF, Llumar and others. Most rather unsuccessfully. Most of the auto dealers doing well with film were already tinting. The auto dealers have required purchases at higher film cost than the pro shops. Salesman have final say as to whether or not an auto dealer should be set up. If you are doing right by them, they deny the set up. You offer 10 lines, they'll give the auto dealer a try. Don't read too much into this. I personally feel it is a stretch. The auto dealers are desperate to raise revenues. This does NOT mean this is the way to go. I think the future holds a lot of inactive plotters taking up space in the corner of auto dealer bays. In fact, it may even earn professional tinters more respect as the auto dealers finally realize this game ain't for everyone. It is just like everything else they create and market - all the manufacturers don't want to miss out if it proves successful.

Archived