LLumar gett'n after it!

Guest Marco, forgot to sign in
you dont sound like a car dealer to me

car dealers don't know who BSF is :krazy

kindly please register mr. guestman

tint industry lurkers posing as something else is getting annoying

He's not :gasp He sounds like a disgruntled tinter who took a job with the dealer stealing distributors :lol

BTW to adapt is to give up, not gonna happen!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West
Are ya talkin' ta me? ;) Hey bud, don't shoot me, I'm only a messenger.

So all that testasterone in your 20 years of life is boiling over? You've got a drop in the bucket of concern over this compared to most. Chill out, do your job. An auto dealer in your area MIGHT sign with someone and give it a try. 1) They ain't all gonna do it. 2) They for the most part try and "do it on the cheap" so the "new installers" are not threatening, usually incapable. 3) More often than not it comes full circle and they come back hat in hand. Use it as an edge and start demanding more from your auto dealers than you did in the past whether it is cost, repeats, timely accounts receivables, etc.. 4) Build your business without the concern of whether or not auto dealers send you biz , or tint in house, whatever. I ran my businesses with the thought process that I did not give a rat's ass if an auto dealer ever called me or not. Never played pricing games with them. Jumped their ass when they paid late. Guess what, I was busy with retail and they still called/scheduled.

My argument is do I think it's crappy on behalf of Lexus dealers to offer in house set up by H.O. for tinting or any manufacturer to do the same with any line and auto dealer? We'll hell yeah! Is it gonna stop? Hell no! Adapt, evolve... The survival rate of Pro Shops will not be that different cause this is happening. The strong, savy and skilled will do more than just survive. And if you have a supplier you suspect may do this close to you let them know they'll lose your biz if it happens. One bird in hand is better than two in the bushes. A smart rep will have your back if you have theirs....

I gotta agree with this lurker. There is a lot of truth to what he/she says.

you dont sound like a car dealer to me

car dealers don't know who BSF is :ninja

kindly please register mr. guestman

tint industry lurkers posing as something else is getting annoying

Please do register. Don't be shy.

He's not :shock He sounds like a disgruntled tinter who took a job with the dealer stealing distributors :poop

BTW to adapt is to give up, not gonna happen!

This industry is evolving, and we have GOT TO adapt. The thing is do we adapt to THIER way, or do we start setting some rules of our own? Do we adapt? Or do we force THEM to adapt as well. We cannot have our businesses without the MFGRs, and they will be sucking hind t*t without us. We have to adapt to each other. One HUGE obstacle in our way is our own egos. For some reason, we cannot seem to unite for our own good and survival. Somehow, this has to change before we can take charge of our futures. I don't want to be happy and content with the scraps that are thrown my way by a manufacturer. I want a few bones as well.

Ron White put it very succinctly. "I'm a GOOD dog, but ya got to pet me once in a while if ya want me to stay on the porch!!"

Guest Auto dealer

Been on this forum in one way or other since origination. Not an auto dealer? Brilliant! But I've bet I've sold more cars than you. ;) Ass? Pretty close, whatever... Vman how perceptive. Look, I was extremely successful as a tint company with a large territory and 2 locations. Had kids and took a career change. I KNOW what you guys feel and contemplate. I'm just contributing. Don't like it, place on ignore or don't read. I can't register, the guidelines prohibit what needs to be said. Marco, if I was your competitor you'd be in a world of hurt.

I understand a mfg needs to continue to sell more product and increase penetration... What I don't understand is why not put togeather a 'Auto Dealer Program' and work with your existing pro's ?

Why do we have 10 different lines ?? Maybe because it takes 10 to equal the amount of support we 'should' be getting out of 1 line.....

I can't tell you the number of VERY lucrative programs we have put togeather in the mobile electronics industry working with both car dealers and product mfg's.

All I can see this dealertint.com program doing is creating yet another competitor.... like we don't have enough already :barf

Guest Auto dealer

This is like politics. I get called an ass, accussed of being disgruntled tinter at auto dealer, and recognized after 1st post as lurker imposter. Then I either choose to not respond or hit back - like all the politicians. Yet somehow immaturity is my new label. You guys tend to kill me! I wish all of you prosperity no matter who is the next Prez....

Guest CajunTinter
Been on this forum in one way or other since origination. Not an auto dealer? Brilliant! But I've bet I've sold more cars than you. ;) Ass? Pretty close, whatever... Vman how perceptive. Look, I was extremely successful as a tint company with a large territory and 2 locations. Had kids and took a career change. I KNOW what you guys feel and contemplate. I'm just contributing. Don't like it, place on ignore or don't read. I can't register, the guidelines prohibit what needs to be said. Marco, if I was your competitor you'd be in a world of hurt.

:barf :barf

Archived