LLumar gett'n after it!

Of course we have blinders on, how do you think most of us don't know anything until it's too late. I'm a tinter, I trust my distributer, I buy film, I work. That is how it always worked, and until just recently I had no clue how things were going in the industry, sheeple comes to mind but why are they not thinking of anything but another market for another dollar :shock I can only see this getting bad for the the film companies and the dealers who do not succeed

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Auto Dealer

Go back 25 years when you trained an installer, introducing him to a good, lucrative trade. You had all the expenses of the shop location. One day the installer doesn't show. Next thing he's selling the same film, having it shipped to his house, no biz license. Maybe not the best analogy but you get the point. Things are the same just a different decade.

- all the manufacturers don't want to miss out if it proves successful.

but it won't be successful for the long run so anyone who sells to dealers will be shooting them self in the foot tinters are fed up with this bullshiat all tinters should ban any distrubuters that sell to dealers :shock

I just started buying a little film from a distributer who has been working on me for a year and I actually like the film but I just found out they are going after the dealer market so they can say goodbye to me, I really like the rep but business is business nothing personal.:shock

Guest Auto Dealer

You don't think I switched? Total agreement and mindset. Point is, if you do some digging, there won't be many guys to buy from as everyone is or will be giving this a try. FACT!

Guest Auto Dealer

Are ya talkin' ta me? ;) Hey bud, don't shoot me, I'm only a messenger.

So all that testasterone in your 20 years of life is boiling over? You've got a drop in the bucket of concern over this compared to most. Chill out, do your job. An auto dealer in your area MIGHT sign with someone and give it a try. 1) They ain't all gonna do it. 2) They for the most part try and "do it on the cheap" so the "new installers" are not threatening, usually incapable. 3) More often than not it comes full circle and they come back hat in hand. Use it as an edge and start demanding more from your auto dealers than you did in the past whether it is cost, repeats, timely accounts receivables, etc.. 4) Build your business without the concern of whether or not auto dealers send you biz , or tint in house, whatever. I ran my businesses with the thought process that I did not give a rat's ass if an auto dealer ever called me or not. Never played pricing games with them. Jumped their ass when they paid late. Guess what, I was busy with retail and they still called/scheduled.

My argument is do I think it's crappy on behalf of Lexus dealers to offer in house set up by H.O. for tinting or any manufacturer to do the same with any line and auto dealer? We'll hell yeah! Is it gonna stop? Hell no! Adapt, evolve... The survival rate of Pro Shops will not be that different cause this is happening. The strong, savy and skilled will do more than just survive. And if you have a supplier you suspect may do this close to you let them know they'll lose your biz if it happens. One bird in hand is better than two in the bushes. A smart rep will have your back if you have theirs....

ass ....

you dont sound like a car dealer to me

car dealers don't know who BSF is :krazy

kindly please register mr. guestman

tint industry lurkers posing as something else is getting annoying

Guest Marco, forgot to sign in
you dont sound like a car dealer to me

car dealers don't know who BSF is :krazy

kindly please register mr. guestman

tint industry lurkers posing as something else is getting annoying

He's not :gasp He sounds like a disgruntled tinter who took a job with the dealer stealing distributors :lol

BTW to adapt is to give up, not gonna happen!

Archived