The 'Association'

The unfortunate part is that without an open forum, the beginning 'policy' makers of such an association could be pushing their agenda on the LESS than 500 post people. This is somewhat foolish, due to the fact that many of us out here have industry knowledge that most will never have.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West
I think it is a good idea and something that has been needed for a while. Most of the time I usually dont have much to say that is why I have been a member here for a while but I still dont have enough posts. I musht admit though my curiosity on how things are going in there is getting to me. I do understand why access is limited and I guess for now I am going to just have a little faith that everything works out into something we can all stand behind.

Can't wait to see what happens!

Good post :lol ,

so is that the "thing" that they wanted to do..the union beginning or something, and im cant speak my mind cuz im tinting all day and not huging the computer all day at work?

Same here ...it took me 6 months to get 300 posts ...So thats still about 2 months before I can get in :dunno , And what does the ammount off posts have to do with it anyways?? I see people in here with a 1000 posts that don't know :shock about windowtinting and are still a loooooong way from being professional ..... nevermind I'll see it when I get there .

Extremely good point. Conversely, there are alot of folks on here (like you) who have very few posts but have alot of experience and could bring much to the table. Where were you before the 500 post rule was voted in? Everyone please have faith that this is an INCLUSIVE, not EXCLUSIVE organization. we WANT more members, not fewer. There is much to be ironed out, and alot of structure to be put in place. Patience will pay, and in the end there will be a thing we can ALL be proud to stand behind.

Guest General Sun Shield
The unfortunate part is that without an open forum, the beginning 'policy' makers of such an association could be pushing their agenda on the LESS than 500 post people. This is somewhat foolish, due to the fact that many of us out here have industry knowledge that most will never have.

:lol Im sure ther is good intentions here,,,but, this is true.

Some of the people who have been in this industry fo r 30+ years dont even know about this site.

500 Post..Hell,,,they have hacks out there that have done more than 500 cars ,do not care about laws and such but have 3000 posts!

So do these guys get in?

Just Wondering. :shock

Extremly good post KW..I've tried to post a few times on this but can't quite put it into words as well as you did.

Patients is key and faith that the outcome is for anyone that puts food on the table because of installing film.

You will have a voice soon in the endeavor..this is a promise :lol

Guest General Sun Shield

Is the "Association "making phone calls to check us out?

I got a call from New York"3 hours away" and asked me to tint 2 fronts w 5%.

Then I got one from North Carolina..same quiestion :dunno Im in NJ?

Are you guys the New Big Brother? The Man Is Watching :shock:lol

Then I got one from North Carolina..same quiestion :lol Im in NJ?

Are you guys the New Big Brother? The Man Is Watching :dunno:shock

Not even close :dunno ..please don't let paranoia set in ,it's not a negative at all...just be patient :dunno

Guest haroldshouseoftint

Then I got one from North Carolina..same quiestion :lol Im in NJ?

Are you guys the New Big Brother? The Man Is Watching :lol:dunno

:dunno:dunno:lol

:shock Not that I know, but :hmmm mabye not a bad idea :hmmm

Anyone care to enlighten us non-500 posters as to what is up with the association room ???

Is it like a tint mafia ?

Are there snacks ?

:lol

Sure, it is all organizational at this point. Nothing concrete at this time. We are attempting to get some good footing. However, this can not be accomplished in an open setting.

Well, we all would like to know about it. Unfortunately, we are not allowed. Hey, guys, this will make for a very weak association, with more than half the delaers and installers here able to get in!!!!!!!!

The reason it cannot be done in an open setting.... The chatter must be kept to a min. If not nothing will ever be accomplished. Limited access at this point is imperative. This will actually help build a strong foundation. Once the basics are out of the way we will encourage membership and will ask for input from all members to create the strongest possible avenue for improvement of our industry.

I think it is a good idea and something that has been needed for a while. Most of the time I usually dont have much to say that is why I have been a member here for a while but I still dont have enough posts. I musht admit though my curiosity on how things are going in there is getting to me. I do understand why access is limited and I guess for now I am going to just have a little faith that everything works out into something we can all stand behind.

Can't wait to see what happens!

You are correct, this has been needed for awhile. We ask for your patience. And thank you for it!

An open forum at this point would only create havock. It is not possible at this time. Please know that "policy" is not being created as of now. I can assure you noone is "pushing" thier agenda on anyone!

Guest Key West

Then I got one from North Carolina..same quiestion :dunno Im in NJ?

Are you guys the New Big Brother? The Man Is Watching :shock:lol

Nope. We don't even know you at this point, other than the presence you present on this forum. But like the old saying goes......................Just 'cuz they say you're paranoid doesn't mean they're NOT out to get ya. IF you did get those calls, you might want to take a look at whats going on. I get calls from out of state all the time. Visitors here from other states with these things called CELL PHONES that correspond to thier origination. Personally, I could care less if you do or do not tint illegally. All that would do is exclude you from membership if it ever arose. We want professional, ethical people in on this. We cannot cast stones at the unethical practices of the mannys and distributors when we ourselves are just as guilty.

Do you REALLY think that we have a "dossier" on everyone here? Did you fill out an application with all your personal info? Did I waste my time with that PM?

Like I said, I don't know you, nor have I as yet formulated an opinion of you. Right now, or at any other time for that matter, I got more important things on my plate than calling you about stupid crap, as do the rest of those involved in getting this thing going.

I can only speak for myself, but I can assure you.................I am the LAST MFer you can call "Big Brother". Trust me, "Big Brother" is watching ME and I know it!

Then I got one from North Carolina..same quiestion :thumb Im in NJ?

Are you guys the New Big Brother? The Man Is Watching :nope:poop

:hmmm Lay off the pipe dood, that shiz will make you paranoid... You be all peekin' out the blinds to see if the tint cops are outside meterin' yo winders an shiz.... :hmmm

Archived