Article about illegal tinting

Guest Sprinter

that dude does'nt look like he's tinting a window?

only 44 stopes in a year if I was a cop enforcing tint laws I would have 44 a day stopped and ticketed and if they did'nt tell me who tinted their car I would impound it! why even enforce this for just the few they stop, what a joke!

how did the cop really find the coke under the battery, man thats the first place I'd look! bets he had his trusty dog find it!!

yea right tint the windows illegal and put your shops sticker on the car!

best way to curb the Illegal tint would be to impund the illegally tinted car for a month and have newspaper write up telling people of this and have shops have this posted where every customer could read it, then it's off the tinters mind and worry if they want darker film, put it on the customer, because it only becomes Illegal when it is driven out of the shop and the tinters not going to be driving this vehicle, just like the smoke shop selling pipes you can sell them but not use them to smoke pot, certainly makes sence!!!!!!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
put it on the customer, because it only becomes Illegal when it is driven out of the shop and the tinters not going to be driving this vehicle, just like the smoke shop selling pipes you can sell them but not use them to smoke pot, certainly makes sence!!!!!!!

Sprinter is right. That's the way I look at it. Go to a smoke shop and they sell you a steam-roller, but they have to give you a little sample of smoking tobacco to go with it to make the sale legal. I just give my customers a little swatch of 50% when they pick up their car! j/k

Guest xtremetinting

we had a local police officer writing tickets for illegal window tint when in fact he had illegal on his personal vehicle. he wrote a ticket to the wrong person. when the chief of police found out, off came the film and out came the meter. I saw him riding with clear windows the other day. what a moron.

sh!t yeah. Before WI law changed from having ANY tint on the front two windows illegal, I tinted a cop's personal car 20% all the way around. Who am I to argue? And, he was a cop from my city, so I thought it would be a good idea to do what he wants. :lol

Guest SQUEEGEE
cool :lol

but I have a concern. I clicked on the link and it took me to the TD.com page. I clicked on texas and it says that "SUVs have different laws which are not listed here". in texas, the back sides have to be 25% net also. only the back glass is ANY.

the laws you have listed for texas are for MPVs.

the eyebrow is "AS-1 or 5", whichever is closer to the top of the windshield".

TTS,

In Texas Trucks and SUV's are exempted from the 25% net law.

Anything behind the front two doors is legal.

Cars on the other hand have to comply 25% all the way except the rear glass.

Guest thetintshop

squeeg,

yes, I know this. when I said that, TD had the laws for MPVs listed. he's changed them now. the way he had written, it looked as though cars could have ANY on the back sides.

dude, did you think that through before you typed that? did you really think that I, THETINTSHOP, the one who is constantly bitching about people doing illegal, didn't know what the laws were? :dunno

you must be hung over. :shock

Guest thetintshop

now, were YOU aware that the law for the eyebrow was 5" OR the AS-1 line, whichever is closer to the top of the windshield?

if you did know that, you're among probably 5 tinters and 1 cop that knows that. the one cop that knew that is because I explained it to him.

Archived