Johnson vs Suntek

Guest TintMeUp

Guest irishhanks2
I installed 15% Silhouette on my '05 and within 2 years it began fading and the back glass looks like someone smeared vaseline all over it!

Prior to that I installed 15% HP Suntek on my wife's car and within 18 months you could see a shadow line when you rolled the window down.

For my $$$, I would rather have a shadow line than a "vaseline look".

yeah thats what I was saying earler about my buddy he has had a lot come back for that.. johnson pays him to redo but who likes stripping tint lol

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TintMeUp
we stock both - IMHO the Suntek is better.

Il send you a message now mate..

I do recall seeing some intructions on here on the lift and pull method for rear screens and it says not as applicable when using metalized film, so does this mean that the johnsons SP silh would be uselss for this method, and I know from the small bit of experience I have with my tinting, that johnsons sp silh doesnt take a great a deal of heat, I can understand that, yes ok, the greystone would outstand more heat than the silhouette because it is thicker, does the suntek carbon take alot of heat?

ps

Can someone please exlain what IMO means or IMHO?? lol ive been using web abbreviations for about 6 years or so and not once have I came across these lol

Guest Tintim
we stock both - IMHO the Suntek is better.

Il send you a message now mate..

I do recall seeing some intructions on here on the lift and pull method for rear screens and it says not as applicable when using metalized film, so does this mean that the johnsons SP silh would be uselss for this method, and I know from the small bit of experience I have with my tinting, that johnsons sp silh doesnt take a great a deal of heat, I can understand that, yes ok, the greystone would outstand more heat than the silhouette because it is thicker, does the suntek carbon take alot of heat?

ps

Can someone please exlain what IMO means or IMHO?? lol ive been using web abbreviations for about 6 years or so and not once have I came across these lol

IMHO for me means "in my humble opinion"

Guest The Tint Daddy

I used to be a johnson sp customer now use suntek hp instead loads better looking when finished, glue better when heated over matrix areas, softer film though scratches easier when fitting if care isnt taken with fresh cards. Not used carbon but y pay more anyway?

Archived