door lock

Guest robdgaf

Guest robdgaf

I did a 2002 f-150 the other day it was a customer that has threw a few cars at me already.he called me up a few hours later saying the door(s) werent locking! hes not blaming me but I was just wondering if this has happend to anyone else with the same truck. I have done a few f-150's before but this has never happened

Guest CajunTinter
I did a 2002 f-150 the other day it was a customer that has threw a few cars at me already.he called me up a few hours later saying the door(s) werent locking! hes not blaming me but I was just wondering if this has happend to anyone else with the same truck. I have done a few f-150's before but this has never happened

I replace actuators in those vehicles all the time ..... Assuming the fuse is good; Here's the easiest way to check it out: pull the panel, peel back the plastic exposing the actuator in the door, on that vehicle it'll be a few inches below the door latch. Reach in and unplug the 2 pin connector so you can hook up the leads of your volt meter. Plug his switch panel back in and use the lock switch; it should read positive going one way and neg voltage the other way; if it does that means his actuator(s) are bad, which is coincidence not caused by your soapy water... fyi- the actuators in that vehicle get water every time it rains that's why they have a rubber cover over them...

Good luck !!! :lol6

I replace actuators in those vehicles all the time ..... Assuming the fuse is good; Here's the easiest way to check it out: pull the panel, peel back the plastic exposing the actuator in the door, on that vehicle it'll be a few inches below the door latch. Reach in and unplug the 2 pin connector so you can hook up the leads of your volt meter. Plug his switch panel back in and use the lock switch; it should read positive going one way and neg voltage the other way; if it does that means his actuator(s) are bad, which is coincidence not caused by your soapy water... fyi- the actuators in that vehicle get water every time it rains that's why they have a rubber cover over them...

Good luck !!! :shock

:lol6 :lol6 :lol6 the actuators go bad all the time in those trucks. Let the actuators cool down for awhile and maybe you will get them to work once. What happens is when you cycle them they over heat.

2002 F-150

We have seen actuators go bad quite frequently on the OLDER trucks.... I have yet to see one of those in the bay.....

We HAVE seen that truck having MANY, MANY, MANY electrical problems because the body control module sits under the dash on top of the fuse box.... Plugs facing UP.... What happens is water will travel into the cab (from leaky windshield in lower drivers corner and travel down the wire harness right into the BCM. 'Typically' it will dry out and all will return to normal but every time it rains the cust. will encounter electrical problems.

The chances of both actuators going bad at the same time are about a zillion to one.... :lol6

'

Archived