Dot Matrix posing problem, just got done today.

Guest Spectrum_16

Guest Spectrum_16

Hey all, I just got my tint done today on my 2005 Accord Coupe. Turns out there is dot matrix at the top of the rear window for a few inches.  I hate the current look and want to know if it will cure out to have a uniform straight line across or will it dry out how it looks right now.  It is sticking in random spots.  The film is SunTek Carbon 35%

Picture 1

numba1227.jpg

Picture 2

numba2970.jpg

Can I do anything to make this look better??

Thanks for any replies, all is well appreciated!

It might look sliiiightly better when it dries... and then you can try pushing it down with your finger. But chances are you'll never be happy... The tinter should have blue glued it or something like that to prevent it from happening :beer Try pushing it down with your finger in a couple weeks though... it'll improve it a bit at least :beer

Guest thatsnappyguy

nah, basically its gonna look like that. and u cant get the tinter to redo it for free b/c not all tintshops know about the glue method, so u stuck like chuck. I have redone a few from other places by just heating the area up and peiling it back to shoot some glue in it...but suntek doesnt like to come off clean, so I would just learn to love it. always have option 2, .... go to the tint shop and tell them to vinyl it.

Guest darkdan

Blame Honda.

Personally, I use vinyl on the inside to black it out to give it a uniform look that will outlast the tint.

How the dot matrix will be treated is something you should discuss with the tinter BEFORE you get it tinted.

Guest naughtydog

I have done one of those...I dry dropped it and it did'nt come out great, so I retinted it, sanded the matrix and glued it, I came out nice

I wish I did that first time around, would of saved myself hassle and time!

No matter WHAT method is used be it glue ,vinyl ..or nothing, the right thing to do is to discuss this with the customer BEFORE accepting the job as to not have any disapointment for both customer or tinter :rollin

Guest naughtydog
No matter WHAT method is used be it glue ,vinyl ..or nothing, the right thing to do is to discuss this with the customer BEFORE accepting the job as to not have any disapointment for both customer or tinter :rollin

Too True.

Guest thatsnappyguy

well...like I said, that tint shop may not be on tintdude.com to know about the different methods that we all know about. they may have no method at all...as u can see. so to them, thier may be nothin to discuss. thats just how it is and theres no reason to explain it b/c thats how it is everytime. the glue method is by far proven over and over again to be the best method out there for the dots. period.

Guest Spectrum_16

Hey thanks for all your replies.

I looked into the vinyl method and was considering it but went back to my tinter this morning to see what was going on. Turns out he had sanded down the dots a bit before he applied it and the moisture had kept it from sticking too well at first and I hadn't heard him tell me about this originally. He went back over it with a card wrapped in a cloth and it pushed down pretty well. Here's a couple pictures for you guys. Thanks again, I'm pleased with what I have now! :rollin

Picture 3

numba3250.jpg

Picture 4

numba4727.jpg

Archived