Warranty Work Cry baby

Guest BJDcar

Well, so far the majority of the posts have said to tell the customer to go fu#k hinself and in those exact terms. This is definately NOT what I learned in business management !! It's kind of funny, but if you just worked with him on the replacement, even to offer to do it for $20 (about half of a normal warranty) you would'nt be STILL screwing around with this, pizzing off a potential customer, and creating some good will that might just spread around for you. I definately believe in Karma, and by telling this guy to go fu@k himself, it will definately come back to bite you in the a$$ one day. My advice is still simple. Call him in, offer to fix it at a reduced price, and get it over with. As some of my polar opposites here have claimed, 'What is this fear that everyone has about being badmouthed?' Well, word spreads, and it may not bankrupt you, but it can hurt business. As the statement goes 'You don't know who your fu@king with!!'. And, this is so true. Unless this is a friend of yours, you do not know who they know or come in contact with each day. And as for the statement "Do you please every customer??', well, that IS the object. To attempt to please every customer. From your post, this is something you have not attempted, since you seemed to have sent him packing from the get go.

In all my years in business, I have never had to 'bend over' for any customer, and have never had one pizzed at me. I do what I have to do as a BUSINESS OWNER to please the customer. IMHO, if anyone has to make a statement like 'I pizz people off all the time', then it's time to rethink their business model. Maybe once in a while, I could understand, but ALL the time, too many negative vibes going on there. In the end, you both will probably walk away from each other feeling a little better in the end!!!!

REMEMBER KARMA!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mr3y1956

Flat Rock Stan probably remembers "Trim-Rite" from his Tulsa days. He had the best lifetime warranty that I've seen so far.

100% the 1st year and 50% for as long as you owned the car.

If that car showed up 12 years later, he would be charged 50% of the current price to replace that window.

It at least covers costs and services the customer.

Guest willie
Well, so far the majority of the posts have said to tell the customer to go fu#k hinself and in those exact terms. This is definately NOT what I learned in business management !! It's kind of funny, but if you just worked with him on the replacement, even to offer to do it for $20 (about half of a normal warranty) you would'nt be STILL screwing around with this, pizzing off a potential customer, and creating some good will that might just spread around for you. I definately believe in Karma, and by telling this guy to go fu@k himself, it will definately come back to bite you in the a$$ one day. My advice is still simple. Call him in, offer to fix it at a reduced price, and get it over with. As some of my polar opposites here have claimed, 'What is this fear that everyone has about being badmouthed?' Well, word spreads, and it may not bankrupt you, but it can hurt business. As the statement goes 'You don't know who your fu@king with!!'. And, this is so true. Unless this is a friend of yours, you do not know who they know or come in contact with each day. And as for the statement "Do you please every customer??', well, that IS the object. To attempt to please every customer. From your post, this is something you have not attempted, since you seemed to have sent him packing from the get go.

In all my years in business, I have never had to 'bend over' for any customer, and have never had one pizzed at me. I do what I have to do as a BUSINESS OWNER to please the customer. IMHO, if anyone has to make a statement like 'I pizz people off all the time', then it's time to rethink their business model. Maybe once in a while, I could understand, but ALL the time, too many negative vibes going on there. In the end, you both will probably walk away from each other feeling a little better in the end!!!!

REMEMBER KARMA!!!

Now who's got the personal vendetta around here :rollin

You want people to let it go why don't you?

Has key done anything to you personaly?

Guest tintgod

REMEMBER KARMA!!!

Now who's got the personal vendetta around here :)

im sure KW can take care of himself. :rollin

This guy gets it donew for free, word gets out, all you will be doing is free jobs.

He can produce the Title with his name on it as the owner the past 12 yrs ?

The retint is free, but the cost of the old film removal is not included in the Manu warranty, is it ?

if anyone has to make a statement like 'I pizz people off all the time', then it's time to rethink their business model.

I pizz people off all the time because I won't tint illegally for them. I'm not rethinking my business model. :rollin

Guest Key West
Well, so far the majority of the posts have said to tell the customer to go fu#k hinself and in those exact terms. This is definately NOT what I learned in business management !! It's kind of funny, but if you just worked with him on the replacement, even to offer to do it for $20 (about half of a normal warranty) you would'nt be STILL screwing around with this, pizzing off a potential customer, and creating some good will that might just spread around for you. I definately believe in Karma, and by telling this guy to go fu@k himself, it will definately come back to bite you in the a$ one day. My advice is still simple. Call him in, offer to fix it at a reduced price, and get it over with. As some of my polar opposites here have claimed, 'What is this fear that everyone has about being badmouthed?' Well, word spreads, and it may not bankrupt you, but it can hurt business. As the statement goes 'You don't know who your fu@king with!!'. And, this is so true. Unless this is a friend of yours, you do not know who they know or come in contact with each day. And as for the statement "Do you please every customer??', well, that IS the object. To attempt to please every customer. From your post, this is something you have not attempted, since you seemed to have sent him packing from the get go.

REMEMBER KARMA!!!

Now who's got the personal vendetta around here :twocents

Craig, I appreciate the stand up for me. But this dude has something going on, don't know what, don't really care. Things have a way of revealing themselves, and if dude stays here long enough, things will become clear. He'd be best remembering his own words. Because usually, they cant remember what they posted, and end up eating them words eventually. I have no agenda other than ensuring Janets and my retirement. Being on the downhill side of things, I really could care less about how things go. It just sux that those of you who are inheriting this industry have to "work within the system" rather than change the way the system works!!! It certainly isn't working in your benefit or with your best interests in mind. Those who control the system make the big money, anyone who isn't with the "good ole boy club" just gets to make a living.

Folks, I done made mine. I'm good to go if I quit tomorrow. I do worry about an industry I was in on at the inception. I have seen the way things went, and how things got the way they are. If you are content to live with the status quo, cool. But you all have a better future if you question things. The worst thing for any manny/dstr would be for us to unite. Looks and sounds to me like this dude has a vested interest in seeing the status quo remain. (Or he's happy making peanuts, while others reap a harvest of cash flow)

REMEMBER KARMA!!!

This is insane. I love the guys who, "didn't learn this in business management". No, this is the real freakin world where people try to actually screw you, on a daily basis. You haven't had one pissed customer, how would you know that for sure, some customers want even come back to you, just badmouth you instead, just like not leaving a tip for bad service.

Oh hey, whats your business name, my wife wants her car retinted, and $20 sounds fair to me, what you say, I can write up some old looking receipt, besides, you dont want a pissed off customer, right.

12 year old tint job, how good of a customer is this guy anyhow that after 12 years, he wants it done for free. I guess we should charge twice what its worth to cover this crap.

Archived