My first beetle

Guest socaltint1

Guest socaltint1

Hey everyone - havent been around in awhile. :thumb Things are going pretty good, but I have my first 07 beetle coming up. I feel fairly confident about the back glass but I knew this time was going to come sooner or later.

My only questions are

1. will a 30" roll cover the back glass

2. I use Suntek Carbon....anything specific I need to think about that differs from the back glass of other cars?

Oh and I use the mdog soap method (which rocks).

Thanks again and before anyone yells...I read through as many of the other posts about this car as I could. :thumb

Guest willie
Hey everyone - havent been around in awhile. :D Things are going pretty good, but I have my first 07 beetle coming up. I feel fairly confident about the back glass but I knew this time was going to come sooner or later.

My only questions are

2. I use Suntek Carbon....anything specific I need to think about that differs from the back glass of other cars?

Thanks again and before anyone yells...I read through as many of the other posts about this car as I could. :thumb

I cant remember the measurements its been about 3 months since Ive done one.

Leave the film long at the top and bottom and use the lift and pull method. Its tricky but the suntek carbon will lay nicely :thumb

Hey everyone - havent been around in awhile. :shock Things are going pretty good, but I have my first 07 beetle coming up. I feel fairly confident about the back glass but I knew this time was going to come sooner or later.

My only questions are

Thanks again and before anyone yells...I read through as many of the other posts about this car as I could. :dunno

its 28.24'' wide-so 30 will work fine. :krazy

Guest socaltint1

The lift and pull method scares me :dunno ...I was hoping to get away with just a normal heat shrink. Oh well I guess its time I learned.

Thanks. :krazy

You don't have to lift and pull, just shrink with heatgun on low setting and go slow. Shrink a little on one side, then move to the other side and shrink a little and move around alot to keep film from getting too hot. The sides have to be shrunk a ton too, I always shrink the film on the rollups before I cut them out. I hate beetles :krazy

Guest willie
The lift and pull method scares me :dunno ...I was hoping to get away with just a normal heat shrink. Oh well I guess its time I learned.

Thanks. :shock

just soap shrink it-do what you know and you'll be fine. :dunno

Agree, was just giving you one variety of many methods that will work, good luck :krazy

Archived