2004 Mazda RX8

Guest shadytinting

Guest TinterRich
It is amazing how fast someone can tint a car. It is amazing how many cars some people can tint in one 8 hour work day by themself.  It is amazing how, " My work is spotless, I never have a spec in any window that I tint."  All of this sounds great on the internet.  But those of use that have been tinting windows for 20 plus years know better.

:thumb

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thats right REDNECK, except half of the things u wrote. this is how you tint. 1st mount tint, cut tint, shrink tint then clean the glass, then install the tint,    THATS IT!

maybe even 8 minutes.

I've been at it 17+ years and I have one thing to say......... :thumb

Guest Litespeeds
175.00 is a decent price. 

Litespeeds what would you charge for that car with a VK film?

The last 2 that I did with Huper Optik on the rear and V-Kool on the fronts, I charged $350. That was giving them a discount of $20. I originally quoted him $195 for the rear 3 windows and $175 for the 2 front doors.

We usually get $175 for the 2 front doors with V-Kool 70% but it can range from $150 to $200 depending on which vehicle.

If I were to do an RX8 with a hybrid film, I would charge $245 for everything except the windshield.

As for speed, that is not my main concern so I will take about 2 - 2.5 hours with the Huper and V-Kool and about 1.5 hours with the hybrid. My goal is quality, not quantity. :thumb

Huper 30% rear, 40% rear quarters and V-Kool 70% fronts

2168980.JPG

2168982.JPG

thats right REDNECK, except half of the things u wrote. this is how you tint. 1st mount tint, cut tint, shrink tint then clean the glass, then install the tint,    THATS IT!

maybe even 8 minutes.

I've been at it 17+ years and I have one thing to say......... :hmmm

I agree with Red and Blade. :lol6

I bet I could pick the be-jesus out of a 10 minute install but I bet a customer with a white cane and Labrador won't. :thumb

Devil

I do our Mazda dealers work in town...hope I get to try one of these soon..if anyone in town can afford it. I'm usually a 2 hr tinter for 2 drs myself..I'll be happy if I can do this car in 2 hrs :shock

maybe even 8 minutes.

RedNeck is a very experienced tinter,I dont think he needs any pointers :thumb:cool

Archived