FIRST BEETLE ATTEMPT

Guest mattgribble09

Well today, I too did my first Beetle in about 6 years. The first 2 I did years ago I had to 2-peice. But the customer didn't want it done if it wasn't 1 peice.

I did some research here for a few days, and felt way more confident. ( I think I was just psyching myself out). Dry shrunk it in about 15 min, and went in like a dream, although the dot matrix was pretty grabby.

The info you guys give out is great... although you should lay off Scotty more! :lol6

Guest huggins19

I have my first bug saturday!

I have been tinting for 7months and I am not doin to bad, but not played with many films.

At the mo I am using moonraker!

But any tips on the bug ect, powder, soap, wet shrink would be a good start.

:lol

Guest c5golfguy

How does that Suntek Carbon work out on the beetle back glass's? Is there a better film for shrinking? I've got one coming hopefully next week. :dunno:):lol2

I know I can figure it out, just might waste a bit of film on it. :)

Guest ohsnapitseric

just did my first today with what do you know!? carbon 35% I been tinting for about a year (weekends only) so after burning a couple pieces, I decided to 2 piece it. took me a while, but the end product was pretty flawless! and the custie was very happy. I am looking forward to my next one (whenever that will be).

Guest tint51
I just did one the other day with global qdp 5% it took me about 20 mins to heat it out.

Do you just tack through the middle and shrink down... My first today...I checked the How to on here but not clear on tacking..

Thanks, :thumb

Guest thatsnappyguy

sorry about the late reponse, but what I do is anchor the film and leave it uncut to hang over the top and bottom and use that extra to grap while performing the lift and pull method across the top and the bottom

How does that Suntek Carbon work out on the beetle back glass's? Is there a better film for shrinking? I've got one coming hopefully next week. :dunno:lol:evilgrin

I know I can figure it out, just might waste a bit of film on it. :evilgrin

Use it all the time.Probably have done around 10 since I started using Carbon. Haven't had any problems with it. :evilgrin

Archived