'94 Toyota truck

Guest DAK

I will be tinting a friends Toyota 4x4 truck here soon. I looked at the slider and stationary window in the back and was wondering how you go about tinting them while avoiding light gaps?

On the slider window, how do you cut the pattern around the handle? The handle protrudes on the inside and outside and there is no seal to tuck the tint behind.

On the stationary rear windows how can you cut the pattern to avoid light gaps when there is no seal to tuck the film behind? :hmmm

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if ( ** IF **) you could get a decent job - it will be purple in 6 months and bubble in a year. As a DIY you can't buy high end commercial film. Don't be discouraged, just let the pro in your area do it for you. It will take an hour and you will get the real deal. The End. :mad

Tintdude- :biteme

:mad... not a wise post for having only 2 posts under your belt. In the" Newbie Survival Guide " It tells you not to get upset if you get advice you don't want to hear. The reason (I think) that TD said take it to a pro is because you have to be REAL good with an olfa when working with sliders that have catches and no black border, etc. But it's imposible to explain the procedure on how to get it perfect (no light gaps or creases around the catch ,yet nice and clean without contamination.

Inexperience + that slider = not the way your hoping the job to come out.

that's the nicest I can say it :duel

well....I was gonna help untill he told the OWNER OF THE BOARD to BITE HIM :mad

no tips for U mister :hmmm

:duel I was gonna do the same..but felt like typing...it's all in the timing I guess! :rollin

Guest thetintshop
:mad TW, always being nice. those glasses suck. I've been doing this for 18+ years, and I still hate seeing those come in. you WILL NOT be able to do a decent job. a good film does not = a good tint job. it will not turn out the way you hope. take it to a pro and save yourself the frustration.

Archived