"Bullet resistant" window film

Guest Mitch

Guest Almo

omg.

this is getting wayyyyyyyn to convoluted for me here... ( sorry if it's too big a word for many)... :bs

I am .. outta here baby.

My point I think.. has been clearly made.. and .. thanks for the support from the "we work with what we got" team.

Cheers

Almo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bulldog Direct
omg.

this is getting wayyyyyyyn to convoluted for me here... ( sorry if it's too big a word for many)... :bs

I am .. outta here baby.

My point I think.. has been clearly made.. and .. thanks for the support from the "we work with what we got" team.

Cheers

Almo

Hey Almo, sorry to see you go. You had some good points to make. Unlike a few others you did not make any personal attacks, and were open to other points of view.

Take care BD

Guest TexasBob
I am not going anywhere boys....

just not going to keep spinning my wheels :poke

Cheers

almo

Hello all... TexasBob here. I have read some past posts and I see that this vzia-tint guy have been extremely rude and condescending to quite a of u on this old bullet resistant window tinting forum. Good or bad everybody is entitled to their own opinion...so why the personal attacks vzia-tint guy. Y'all have been talking about bulletproof film for windows what has any one used for door armor? Keep those bullets flying.TBob

Guest Bulldog Direct
I am not going anywhere boys....

just not going to keep spinning my wheels :poke

Cheers

almo

Hello all... TexasBob here. I have read some past posts and I see that this vzia-tint guy have been extremely rude and condescending to quite a of u on this old bullet resistant window tinting forum. Good or bad everybody is entitled to their own opinion...so why the personal attacks vzia-tint guy. Y'all have been talking about bulletproof film for windows what has any one used for door armor? Keep those bullets flying.TBob

Hey Almo, Good to see that you are sticking around, you made a few good points. "TexasBob" glad to see that another poster from the Ballistic Industry on here. We use Kevlar Armor panels and also Steel Armor plate depending on the threat, vehicle size and level of protection.

Take care BD

Here is my simple question..............which one of you has tested your 'Bullet Resistant Film' with firing a shot at the same exact location repeatedly? From the pictures, NONE. This changes the testing dramatically. When firing at one location, then another off the spiderweb of the first and so on, you basically are firing each new shot at a 'fresh' piece of filmed glass. This skews the test. Try firing directly, or pretty damn close, at the previous shot. I would bet the second shot would penetrate. :boogie

...........and, vzla, you get rude and obnoxious in 2008 on this same thread when people called you on your testing and had to back peddle and apologize. Yet, the thread comes back to the surface and, when called on your testing and claims, you again resort to name calling and rude comments. makes me think something is amiss. Remember, saying your customers trust you does not replace actual test data from a qualified facility. :boogie

Guest Bulldog Direct
Here is my simple question..............which one of you has tested your 'Bullet Resistant Film' with firing a shot at the same exact location repeatedly? From the pictures, NONE. This changes the testing dramatically. When firing at one location, then another off the spiderweb of the first and so on, you basically are firing each new shot at a 'fresh' piece of filmed glass. This skews the test. Try firing directly, or pretty damn close, at the previous shot. I would bet the second shot would penetrate. :boogie

Excellent point Customtinting, I can see that you know about ballistics.... that's refreshing, I have been getting somewhat the same answer to my simple question: "Where Is Your Ballistic Test Reports " I would never expect my customers to "Just Trust Me" and neither would my insurance company. I sell 16 different Bullet Resistant Glass Systems. None use any type of "Glass Film" in the manufacture. The first is U.L. listed, levels 1-8 the second is an "All Glass" lay up and the third is "Glass Clad Polycarbonate lay up" ALL of these systems are manufactured to National Institute of Justice [ N.I.J.] and Underwriters Laboratories [ U.L.] threat levels. And are independently tested by a certified ballistic testing laboratory. The most recognized is H.P. White Laboratories Inc. Our Bullet Resistant Glass is designed to just what you are stating..... direct shots in the same hole or very close, with no penetrations.

Guest Bulldog Direct
...........and, vzla, you get rude and obnoxious in 2008 on this same thread when people called you on your testing and had to back peddle and apologize. Yet, the thread comes back to the surface and, when called on your testing and claims, you again resort to name calling and rude comments. makes me think something is amiss. Remember, saying your customers trust you does not replace actual test data from a qualified facility. :boogie

Again, Excellent Point Customtinting, you do have to wonder why this Vaiz-Tint dude feels the need to be so rude and condescending. Vaiz-Tint post from 6-2-2010 11:25:PM told me all I need to know about his expertise. [ " like I said, a piece of paper doesn't mean %&$# at the end of the day..." ] Yikes Some one could get killed .............!

Guest TexasBob

Hello all, TexasBob here. I have one simple question after reading all of these posts. If your "Bullet Window Film" is bullet resistant or bulletproof as some of you insist on calling your film, then why do you even need to back it up with 1/2" glass, to stop the bullets. I'm guessing that the window film is not bullet resistant-proof after all.

Keep those bullets flying TBob

Archived