say you are opening a new business where the same type closed down

how would you handle any warranty issues that come your way. Been trying to figure out how I'm going to be handling warranty issues taht may come up seeing as how I am open in a shop that was another glass/tint business for many years, and have their old phone numbers too. I still haven't come up with a solid decision on what I was to do if I fall into warranty situations.

my problem is, say on a windshield r & I, normally if there is an issue we can return the piece of glass back to the warehouse for credit. In this case, I could be having to purchase say a new windshield, moulding, adhesive, on my dime which would run upwards of $100 for a job never saw a dollar from and from a customer that may or may not be a repeat customer in the future, if there is nothing else they need for a very long time.

SO, you're saying you are doing tint AND glass at the shop? My advice would be do what you can, short of bankrupting yourself, to work with the tint clients. Glass would be a diferrent situation. If it is a manufacturer warranty, contact the manufaturer, as long as the customer has their original paperwork to prove what they had for a warranty. (same issue for tint, need to show original warranty paperwork) With the original warranty paperwork, the manufacturer should cover the work, since you can bring warranty work to any installer of the product. You may wish to post notification in your shop as your coverage of the former companies warranties. (ie. Must show paperwork) Do what ya can to keep the customer happy.

SO, you're saying you are doing tint AND glass at the shop? My advice would be do what you can, short of bankrupting yourself, to work with the tint clients. Glass would be a diferrent situation. If it is a manufacturer warranty, contact the manufaturer, as long as the customer has their original paperwork to prove what they had for a warranty. (same issue for tint, need to show original warranty paperwork) With the original warranty paperwork, the manufacturer should cover the work, since you can bring warranty work to any installer of the product. You may wish to post notification in your shop as your coverage of the former companies warranties. (ie. Must show paperwork) Do what ya can to keep the customer happy.

yeah, do both types of work. The shop there before was a good shop, but like anything, I doubt they were perfect. Like you said, I don't want to bankrupt myself fixing another companies work.

Best Buy opens in an old Circuit City location, would they be handling issues with merchandise Customers bought from the place when it was Circuit City ? Probably not. I would think it is the same in your case.

sort of my idea on things, but you know, people expect a lot more out of small companies, lord knows why.

Archived