A loss that only a tinter might appreciate

Lost a sentimental Olfa knife ..it was one of the first stainless steel ones my dad bought for tinting in the early 80's..and he always had the same knife..when he got out of tinting "full time " in 1992, he had a "ceremony" :lol We went out for a steak dinner and beer and he handed me the olfa to carry on so to speak..when I turned the olfa over , he had it engraved. It said "The Passing Of The Stainless Steel" on the left side..the right side then said "Dad to Brad 1992" I've used that same knife till last week, I have searched EVERYWHERE for it ...just GONE :DD

I know it's just an olfa..but It was a special to me...just wanted to post this cause it made me feel a little better. :DD

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can certainly indentify with the loss...

Some that worked for me(tint) in the 80's bought me(tint) an Olfa Gold 2500 (24kt gold plate) engraved and all that sentimental stuff.

Lost it.. :lol

Bought another after endlessly searching and still have it to this day. I do not use it much at all... except sometimes to turn heads in training classes.

Here's to better success in (its) return, TW :DD

I hope so..but I thnik I may have lost it in a new dealer car that been sold to someone..maybe it slipped in behind the back seat..I'm grasping at straws now..I knew I should have just but it away in a keepsake drawer..if It comes back to me, that's what I'm going to do with it..but I have looked EVERYWHERE..

Guest Braud Spectrum

Awwwwwww. I'm so sorry TW. :inot

I know I told this already when somebody asked "what was the strangest thing you ever found in a car". But I'll tell it again. :lol

I had an old customer who's back glass of the car I'd tinted years before got busted out come in to have it retinted. When I pulled it in the shop it was clear and new and as I laid the film up on the glass I spotted my olfa from TEN YEARS before laying up over the back seat in the crevice where the back seat meets the package tray. Of course it was mine. :lol Who elses would it have been ? I knew at the time I had lost it but we'd done so many cars that day I had no time to worry about it and just grabbed another one. I was so tickeled that it had laid there all those years and not been noticed. The window was limo originally and once it was tinted there was no way to see it laying in that crack. So if I were you I'd be looking back in my receipt book to the cars I'd done that day when it went AWOL and call them and ask if they'd mind taking a look. That's a pretty special Olfa.

Archived