Rollcall for all PDR guys

I learned in 05 from Tim Olson at pdrsecrets.com, been fixing door dings ever since also tint , paint protection and a few other auto services. Just joined this forum.

pdrsecrets work for you? I want to learn, helped for a few years pulling headliners for a hail chaseing crew as they came into town, but never learned to push dents. I have limited time and I'm looking for a good training process.

Thanks

:thumb

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest madskills

Hi to all. 1st post.

Went to train with ding king. There I learned the basic concept and got some really crappy tools. Practiced (hacked up) some used car lot cars after that. Hooked up with a one on one trainer, the only way to train in my opinion. Full time hail chaser now, out of Tn. Will travel anytime, anywhere, and I dont mind the heavy hit stuff.

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent
Hi to all. 1st post.

Went to train with ding king. There I learned the basic concept and got some really crappy tools. Practiced (hacked up) some used car lot cars after that. Hooked up with a one on one trainer, the only way to train in my opinion. Full time hail chaser now, out of Tn. Will travel anytime, anywhere, and I dont mind the heavy hit stuff.

Welcome. How long were you doing it before you started chasing?

Guest madskills

Less than a year. I still struggle sometimes cleaning up the door dings on the hail cars. Customers expect a glassed out panel wether its hail damage or not. When ever I see an ex wizzie in a shop, it amazes me how fast they can blow through the side damage.

Are you a route guy? Have you ever chased?

Hi to all. 1st post.

How long ago did you go to Ding KinG?

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent
Are you a route guy? Have you ever chased?

I do mostly dealer work in house. No, I've never chased. Can't get away from the girlfriend, family, dog, and cat (in no specific order).

Guest tint51
Looking for the PDR guys/gals.

lets wake this forum up.

tell us if you taught your self or went to school

how long it took you to do a retail job

where your from :wall

To all PDR techs; Do you see a big down turn in service calls??? :dunno

Guest leonpdr2008

Done pdr training last august with Dentrix in the uk.So I'm coming up to my first year,I don't mind admitting I have nearly given up a couple of times,but I'm on the right track now and doing a few jobs at the weekend.I'm still practising every day as I feel I have such alot to learn.although I have seen some work done by other guys in the area and I somtimes wonder if I am to fussy or whether they just take no pride in what kind of job they turn out.What do you think ?

Archived