Film removal-WHOLE HOUSE (film failure)

Guest TheQueenOfTint

Buy the thicker 6 inch blades and the red handle scraper on 44tools.com and then use simple pink by the gallon(44tools.com as well)....will work like a charm, but make sure you wear some rubber gloves. Let the pink solution sit on the film for about 10-15 minutes.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TheQueenOfTint

Thanks guys...(uh! except for the installers fault comment) LOL. TRUST Me! I have learned my lesson re paperwork. Whole house FRONT I should say for 1000.00 Anyway. I put another call into CPF today. Thanks for that one as well. Chemicals? How would you ever know? Can't see a homowner fess up to that one. It does make me wonder about that though. What the HECK could be harsh enough to do that? Any of you ever heard of any cleaners (household) bad enough to do that????? If there are than hopefully the housekeeper is wearing a gas mask :twocents .

Thanks!

for as long as I can remember manufacturers have been saying stay away from ammonia-based cleaners. that's exactly what ammonia would do to the film, break down the scratch-resistant coating and begin to flake. :twocents it doesn't take anything too harsh...just ammonia.

the customer was a clean freak. must of washed her windows once a week. have seen it 2 times the scrach resistaint coating starts flaking off. and always askind the cust. what cleeners thay are using. I will alway's give them a quality control sheet not to use ammonia's. perferably soap and water. also thinking the alcohol may be strong. tuttle

Archived