Film removal-WHOLE HOUSE (film failure)

Guest TheQueenOfTint

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TheQueenOfTint

OOPS!

I tinted a home abour 3 years ago and the film is flaking.....ugh! Don't know why but I have to redo the whole house. Great winter project!!! Anyway, I am asking for any tips for removing all this film. I know how the old fashion way......scrape, peel, scrape, peel..etc.UGH! I am wondering if any of you have any tips for this. The windows are wooden frame BIG windows. Any advice appreciated

If you have big enough balls, get a broom handle and attach it to your 6" triumph scraper and go to town with it.

Ive done it this way to remove film on commercial, works great. Don't know about dp windows though.

PS, dont use the same film if it only lasted 3 years.

Guest TheQueenOfTint

The film was LLumar DR25. I installed it just as it came onto the market 3 to 4 years ago. whenever it was... It was a total film failure and guess who didn't bother with warranty paperwork cause the job was just under a thousand.... and isn't LLumar the BEST>>>>>!!!!LOL Anyway... I was afraid you guys would just say..." SCRAPE<SCRAPE> SCRAPE UGH!!! About the Steamer??????? I of course don't have one and have often wondered about them... Are they FABULOUS enough to buy one????

Thanks for all your help!!

Guest vclimber

Removing that CDF is going to be a pain. I prefer dry scraping with a really sharp 6" blade over soaking. :eyebrows

Hey maddtinter! What's up with DR-25 flaking? I thought that only other films flake... :twocents:eyebrows

Archived