1.50 Gas

OPEC is p1ss1ng and moaning, cutting output and basically telling us there doing it to raise prices. Why arent we hearing about alternative energy sources every 5 minutes like we were before prices went down? Damn talk about short memory! :popcorn

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay I am getting hosed here its still 1.96/gal in the mtns here but I drive 45min to an hour and its 1.51. Get the f*ck out. I asked them why do we pay 47 cents more a gallon when the fuel truck HAS to drive right by these gas stations to get to the other towns. There response is "rent is higher (no sh!t) and we pay more for it." Why does this 7-eleven pay more for gas than the others? UGH :popcorn:hmmm

I always wonder the gas prices seem higher the closer you are to a refiner...Nor cal gets some of the highest in the nation... I could see why it would be higher in a longer haul to deliver.. These are some reasons why it cost so much in california to live. Hawaii I could see why you have to go so far away/..

How about the food prices where you guys are? They went way up here when the gas went up, but now that the gas price is down, the food prices haven't dropped at all. We are careful about what we buy, but the food prices are crazy, and if you buy stuff that doesn't have a mile long list of chemicals the price is even worse. :lol

The cheapest I've seen gas here in the SF north bay area is 1.59, but my Evo takes premium so that's around 1.80 or so. At the Safeway checkout the other evening, the clerk looked at my receipt and said, 'damn, soon Safeway is gonna be paying YOU to fill up'. It seems that I've never used my Safeway discount card to buy gas at one of their stations, so I'm at the maximum discount, which is 1.30 OFF, per gallon. So when I fill my Chevy dually's 34 gallon tank this week, I'll be paying 29 cents per gallon!!!!

Archived