The big three

Guest tintgod

I mean it's insane, these are ridiculous amounts of money (the moon missions didn't even cost this much) that they are giving to people that create money out of thin air in the first place and say you and I have to pay it back with interest, so that these jokers will supposedly "lend" it back to us (at interest again) and if we don't the sky will fall, dead will walk the earth, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria!

We are so screwed. :krazy

Had they been doing 6 months ago what they are doing now (closing plants for several weeks to reduce production, selling the planes etc)

The Gov't may have been more receptive to them.

Imagine if we were drowning in debt, using Credit Cards for everything, eating out 6 nights a week. going to movies several times a month, and taking numerous weekend trips, and going on high $$ vacations every year.

We go into a Bank for a loan cause we can't pay our bills, and tell the Banker "if you give me the loan, I will cut back on all the above listed expenses" the banker will laugh in our face.

Walk in and show the banker that for the past 6 months this is what we have done to trim expenses, eating out is only once a week, only rent one or 2 movies a month, and cut back to one vacation trip of 3 or 4 days a year, travelling no more than 500 miles, the Banker might be more receptive to the loan.

What sunk the Execs the first time was being asked "what are you going to with the $$ if we give it to you?"

Giving an answer of "UHHH.......... We are going to spend it !" That sure did not help their cause.

What sunk the Execs the first time was being asked "what are you going to with the $$ if we give it to you?"

Giving an answer of "UHHH.......... We are going to spend it !" That sure did not help their cause.

This was political posturing. I have no doubt that the auto execs were informed well before the public was that they would use the no plan for "long term vitality" excuse in order to delay a vote that was at the time destined for rejection of their request. This topic was way too hot, a front page issue that had the hold of the the public attention. Postpone the vote, act like this is a big deal and deserving of immediate attention, yet wait for the media to draw our collective gaze elswhere. Thank you very much governor Blagojevich, Obama and Jesse Jackson Jr. With the heat off, representatives become much more malleable and the white house is suddenly much more vocal on the issue.

A deal will be made, and I would very much like at that point to hear this plan for "long term vitality" that Pelosi, Reid and Co. demanded in order that these companies might take our money. Betcha' I won't. :thumb

Last night 60 minutes did a report on the whole mortgage sub prime thing and what is coming in the Commercial Real Estate industry(they loaned money to people who couldn't afford to pay it back there too) as well as these 3% Luxury Home Mortgages that reset after 3 years to a higher rate(most are starting to come due in 2009). The experts expect a 70% foreclosure rate in both sectors.

We haven't seen the last of this kind of thing.

It's definitely going to get WORSE you can count on it! :thumb

I doubt many of us here will still be tinting in 2010. :poke

Can anybody else hear the "Gravy Train" pulling in to the station??

Archived