2006 Accord Coupe Defroster Reflection after Tint

Guest kman08

Very interesting feedback. I don't get why my car would have the issue but another car that's the same year and model does not. The only difference is it was done at a different shop with probably different brand tint. There must be a technique a shop uses to prevent this from happening.

NO, I hate to tell you, but is has nothing to do with how the film was installed, and I have seen this in different brands and colors. I had a 08 Altima 4 dr last spring that was doing this, removed the film, still could see the lights hitting the defroster lines, then put it back on. I have seen it on my own cars over the years but adjust my mirror a bit and problem solved. An auto-dimming mirror that darkens itself at night will help- I install alot of them. Like I said, the angle of your rear view mirror looking back can help,and its afree fix! :popcorn

ive had a couple people ask about it. you cannot avoid it. next time you are driving at night and you pull up behind a car, if its tinted you can see the same effect of your lights through their back window. you can notice this on all cars that are tinted.

I cant see why your friends accord doesnt have this. its tinted right?

Guest maddtinter
you will see this on any car with defrosters that are tinted. when we tint back windows the tint doesnt lay flat. it has to bend over the defroster lines. where you see headlights you will see little lines above and below refecting off every defroster line. some are worse than others but it depends on the thickness of the defroster. 2002 and older lexuses are the worst.

there is no getting around it. the only solution is removing the tint. you just have to weigh out the pros and cons.

it looks like this right?

lightsuv1.png

Yes it looks exactly like that!

http://www.sjsuchalc.org/tint.jpg

That picture from the other post is exactly what I am experiencing.

I would understand if this happened to all cars but my friends Accord Coupe, same year does not have this problem. He also has defrosters and they were not removed. :popcorn

Did your friend have the same percent of tint?The darker you go the more noticeable it can be.

ive had a couple people ask about it. you cannot avoid it. next time you are driving at night and you pull up behind a car, if its tinted you can see the same effect of your lights through their back window. you can notice this on all cars that are tinted.

I cant see why your friends accord doesnt have this. its tinted right?

I don't think this is quite true. I have sat in many other cars that has tint but does not have this reflection which is why I am totally surprised I have this problem after my tint.

defroster lines can be thicker on some cars than other ones and even from one window to the next I would guess they would vary some. The thicker the line the more the bend in the film and the greater the deflection. I have had a lot of cars over the 21 years I have been driving and all have had this issue to some degree if they had film over defroster lines.

One thing that might be different between yours and the friends could be the way the glass was cleaned. If steel wool is used, like I do, it might soften the lines a bit and make it less. You should still notice it to some degree on ANY filmed window....

As others said the type of film would make a change in it too.....

Archived