Best heat rejection!

Guest tintgod
Inquiring minds what to know?

The #'s are good but... if I wasn't an HO dealer, I would be more concerned about how good it looks. :tantrum

just installed 1200 sqft of the f10 on a local bar .that stuff looks :lol the clarity looking out is awsome

got love em .like you said the price is greeeeeaaaaattttttt

got any pics?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alot of good replies..Thank you! I agree about asking customers what they are trying to acheive with the film and telling them if it will work or not especially on bonus rooms and such. I do it all the time, and still sell them something. In this case, as some of you pointed out, it is a Florida Room. Back of the house so no problems with neighbors or HOA. I even said my friend doesn't much care what it looks like cuz I told him the most heat rejection is most likely gonna be very shiney, which I don't like. Florida Rooms usually don't have a/c. This one doesn't either, just a fan. It can get up to 135 degrees in there in the summer. So using something with like 85% SER would be awesome. I know it isn't gonna cure the problem, but it could make it bearable for someone to sit in considering the whole room is glass. not to mention a few blocks from the Gulf so when the sun sets it is pretty bad. I will probably go with DR15..I love this film. I also have had no one complain about reflectivity or darkness. HO is not gonna happen. Just too expensive. If it was my house, I'd love to do some Huper. Thanks for the suggestions...

Tintmanlibby....what is f10? is that HO?

Guest tintmanlibby
Inquiring minds what to know?

The #'s are good but... if I wasn't an HO dealer, I would be more concerned about how good it looks. :tantrum

just installed 1200 sqft of the f10 on a local bar .that stuff looks :lol the clarity looking out is awsome

got love em .like you said the price is greeeeeaaaaattttttt

got any pics?

I will post em in a day or so ,just been busy and havent had a chance to down lowed camrea

Guest tintmanlibby
Alot of good replies..Thank you! I agree about asking customers what they are trying to acheive with the film and telling them if it will work or not especially on bonus rooms and such. I do it all the time, and still sell them something. In this case, as some of you pointed out, it is a Florida Room. Back of the house so no problems with neighbors or HOA. I even said my friend doesn't much care what it looks like cuz I told him the most heat rejection is most likely gonna be very shiney, which I don't like. Florida Rooms usually don't have a/c. This one doesn't either, just a fan. It can get up to 135 degrees in there in the summer. So using something with like 85% SER would be awesome. I know it isn't gonna cure the problem, but it could make it bearable for someone to sit in considering the whole room is glass. not to mention a few blocks from the Gulf so when the sun sets it is pretty bad. I will probably go with DR15..I love this film. I also have had no one complain about reflectivity or darkness. HO is not gonna happen. Just too expensive. If it was my house, I'd love to do some Huper. Thanks for the suggestions...

oh yea!

Guest vclimber
Do I have to do everything for you? :lol

of course not....it's just one of those specs always posted so I was suprised to see it missing. I know how you love all those specs. :lol

TSER is the opposite of SHGC... it's all there you just gotta do some math. :tantrum

Guest vclimber

135F? Uh, maybe it will shave 10-12F off of that... maybe. Bearable? :tantrum

well I was just saying that is what it gets to in the peak of summer. I don't think they will be sitting out there in the summer. You sit in air conditioning in the summer in Florida or youre insane. It will help though when it is a little nicer outside. Also wants to help all that heat from getting through that room and into the main house.

Guest tintgod
If you put any of those films on a house, I think you will end up killing a friendship. :tantrum

Maybe not though... First get some answers:

What is "unbelievably hot" translate too, how hot?..its a florida room..meaning..a glass room with glass on all walls..so im sure is get pretty dang hot

Why is it happening?im guessing the sun is beating down on all the windows

Will reducing solar heat gain through the glass solve the problem or is there other causes? Im guessing this will help a lot

After you have answered these 3 questions, the final one would be:

Will he have problems from neighbors or his homeowners association as a result of installing a highly reflective film on his glass? Its a florida room..they are in the back yard..no one will see it but ppl in the back yard im guessing

This will help you determine the right film to apply... :lol

you can correct me if im wrong on the answers nctinter.

:lol Are you his secretary?

Oh btw guest...you were right on with the answers lol. I didn't even have to respond

hey V...I guess I could be his secretary... :lol

Archived