Building your business on the web

Guest GDK Electronics
Great information, however if you are not willing to fork over money to Google and all of the other search engines, you likely are wasting money on a website. Look into how these hosts generate hits to your web page. If you are a lucrative business and have the extra advertising revenue to afford these services, then, by all means, utilitze them. However, the vast majority of small businesses do not have this luxury. My advice, spend your dollars in other areas. Top notch customer service, expert employees and good, old fashioned cold calls. If you are motivated, committed and dedicated, you will succeed. Make a great day for yourself!

I disagree. My web site brings in almost 40% of my business and I'm using all of the free Google tools. It akes a while to get there, but once you figure out search engine optimization you can do it yourself and make it pay off.

My business is also the first hit on Google 411 in my city for remote car starters and number two for window tinting as well.

My web hosting is $120 per year, which I'm not paying any of because they alllow multiple domains. So I sold my hosting to other businesses and set up their web site and email for them. Free hosting, free tools and updating my site as often as I can is all paying off for me.

It can be a new thing to many and a little daunting at first but I assure those who look at this post and scratch their heads, it's worth it. Think of it this way, the market has shrunk. Not just for Autos but FG too, so we need to cast a bigger net. If a shop can draw in more leads from the web it gives you a chance to show your expertise in window films and customer service. This means more chances to close the deal. It doesnt have to be expensive, I built a great website through yahoo site builder and it took literally one weekend. Shops are slow right now, its the slow season and business in general is down. This is the right time to focus on your infrastructure while there is time to do so. Then when our economy picks up we are setup and ready to rock and roll!

:lol2

My website should be up and running in the next couple of days. I also subscribe to elocal success, an online ad company that delivers your site to the top of yahoo and google search engines in my area. I have great hopes that this will draw potential customers to my mobile tinting company.

check out our site at 366TINT.com

I used adwords, and most of my new customers are from the internet, LIMOTINTLARRY :thumb is right, what the hell are you doing without a website?

I advertise on myspace facebook, anywhere I stick it in I will!

LimoTintLarry ain't no fool :thumb Its all abouts them innernets these days. :lol Keep stickin it where you can homes! :lol2

Archived