2009 F-150

Guest spraythick

Guest spraythick

Any tips on the new F-150? The seals on the top of the doors are the tightest I've had to deal with. When ya roll them up the tint just peels, tried to Blue max and some heat at the top and it still peeled even with super soaping all the seals before rolling up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Wendell.

Haven't had any problems with tint peeling off the top from door seals since before I started doing tinting full time.

I agree with Jeff in that it sounds like you have too much slip in the mix. I find adhesive after just a few minutes of the tint being on the window. If you are heating up the tops and it is still peeling then you likely need to adjust the amount of slip you use.....

How are you squeegeeing the glass? Are you using a blue or clear max and then do you follow up with a paper towel wrapped hard card? I don't use the hard card myself most of the time....but it is a good practice if you are having issues...

They are tight seals.... I did one yesterday that had vent shades and the shades would stop the window from rolling completely up buy about 3/4"....... That was the first time I've seen that!

A little heat on the top edge and a long pattern for if they ever remove the shades and I was getting paid! :lol2

Archived