99 Chrysler Sebring BG

Guest GSRBOB

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest youngazntinter

last one I did,, I put a vinly on I think it was matrix...or whatever.. if u do that, right there's about 7 or 8" where u don't need to shrink.

it worked hella better but still was pita. I have another one to do later this weeeeek......sigh...

My take from the puctures:

1) Use more film, that was you can anchor it out a bit further on the sides giving you a bit more film to shrink. Longer on the top and bottom for the same reason.

2) use ivory soap instead of baby powder, that way you can manipulate the film a bit more, the baby powder tends to leave you with fingers moving all over the place. With the soap you can move the fingers and they stay a bit more.

3) To go with what I said in 2, I like to pre-shrink the film and give it a general shape. Get it a bit more shrunk in the middle so it pulls the excess film from the corners.

4) shrink from the sides in and middle out. You want to shrink as much film as possible, as opposed to shrink the film as much as possible.

5) With it long on the top and bottom, you can pull the film to the middle and such to get that excess film from the sides.

Looking at the pictures, it looks like the film was shrunk in spots, move you heat gun in more of a steady side to side motion.

Archived