impressed with Suntek....ex Madico

Guest techguy

Guest techguy

For what its worth ive used madico for the past 12 years or so both flat glass and cars. I have started my own business and have been using Suntek initially attracted by price. I am impressed with the way the auto films shrink and the resiliance to scratching when being applied.

Prior to using madico I used Llumar for over 12 years also.

In the Suntek F/G range their SYDS-15 is almost identical to the SL180 Madico (just a little lighter)and the SYDS-25 can be butted up against the SL280 Madico, its so close. I found the Madico film to have a short life both F/G and Auto.

The NG35 or the NG20 were purple off the roll and looked very dated when put up against the opposition, ie:nightvision series films. This went for most of their film range, it also used to incur a lot of tunnell spearing if it was precut and rolled up for more than one day. Suntek film has lasted a week in a box before applying it and it was perfect.

I tinted my vehicle just four months ago with the Madico Onyx series and the front doors have already started banding especially visible across the top edge and its definately going purple all over.

I had at the same time fitted Suntek HP to my wifes car and its as good as the day it was fitted.......

All in all I'm really impressed with the Suntek product and put it up along sidewith LLumar for quality and ease of installation.

And their price structure means the window tinter can now make a dollar fitting the stuff.

Just my opinion.

techguy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Total tint
:beer I thought about switching due to a small problem I didnt think was going to be able to be resovled, but Donna fixed it today and got everything straightened out. thank you Donna, as always great customer service. to me right now they are the best film on the market

Guest Total tint
For what its worth ive used madico for the past 12 years or so both flat glass and cars. I have started my own business and have been using Suntek initially attracted by price. I am impressed with the way the auto films shrink and the resiliance to scratching when being applied.

Prior to using madico I used Llumar for over 12 years also.

In the Suntek F/G range their SYDS-15 is almost identical to the SL180 Madico (just a little lighter)and the SYDS-25 can be butted up against the SL280 Madico, its so close. I found the Madico film to have a short life both F/G and Auto.

The NG35 or the NG20 were purple off the roll and looked very dated when put up against the opposition, ie:nightvision series films. This went for most of their film range, it also used to incur a lot of tunnell spearing if it was precut and rolled up for more than one day. Suntek film has lasted a week in a box before applying it and it was perfect.

I tinted my vehicle just four months ago with the Madico Onyx series and the front doors have already started banding especially visible across the top edge and its definately going purple all over.

I had at the same time fitted Suntek HP to my wifes car and its as good as the day it was fitted.......

All in all I'm really impressed with the Suntek product and put it up along sidewith LLumar for quality and ease of installation.

And their price structure means the window tinter can now make a dollar fitting the stuff.

Just my opinion.

techguy

:dunno

:lol2

Guest absolutetinting

food for thought. suntek will never be in the same league as lulu , madi, and at times solar gard as bad as some of there films can get. the big 3 hold the majority of the market.

suntek,johnson, mmm, huper,hanita,global,vkool,sun gard, are all fighting for 4th place, no matter how good some of the there products are.

the koreans are now producing film that are just as good as all of them. some of the independent distributor are already reboxing them.

I'm not saying lulu, madi, and at times solar gard are the best, but we have to be smarter. I had an account with all the manufactures and used them for my advantage and I would recommend that you do the same. know what type of film your competition has and find something to else better or different(specs,looks, any advantage). I had dealer manual(3 ring binder with all their films) of all or most manufactures and kept them updated.

in my area no one really uses madi-they have one rep for ca. and bray group is more interested in some windshield protection then tint in the north and suntek reps kick back in the office.

I 've use both and madi sunscape is by far better then any suntek. not close.

look at other manufactures to see what other types products you can benefit from.

this is just an opinion,

I respect yours

tint star

Guest vclimber
food for thought. suntek will never be in the same league as lulu , madi, and at times solar gard. as bad as some of there films can get. the big 3 hold the majority of the market.

suntek,johnson, mmm, huper,hanita,global,vkool,sun gard, are all fighting for 4th place, no matter how good some of the there products are.

the koreans are now producing film that are just as good as all of them. some of the independent distributor are already reboxing them.

I'm not saying lulu, madi, and at times solar gard are the best, but we have to be smarter. I had an account with all the manufactures and used them for my advantage and I would recommend that you do the same. know what type of film your competition has and find something to else better or different(specs,looks, any advantage). I had dealer manual(3 ring binder with all their films) of all or most manufactures and kept them updated.

in my area no one really uses madi-they have one rep for ca. and bray group is more interested in some windshield protection then tint and suntek reps kick back in the office.

I 've use both and madi sunscape is by far better then any suntek. not close.

this is just an opinion,

I respect yours

tint star

Both companies compete against us all for commercial work at an unfair pricing advantage. :dunno

There are just a few good Korean films... the rest have dye in the adhesive, or dye in the hardcoat... and some still buy components from CP Films. :lol2

Guest vclimber
are they manufactures or independent distributors?

Bray is a Dist... but Long Beach and Woburn have commercial direct programs.

SunTek is a little shadier... Their Dist in Glendale is also the ASWF dist and the same owner of both companies owns a retail business in the same building. Oh... and his CA contractors license is suspended. :dunno

Guest absolutetinting

yeah I know, I just didn't want to say it here, but since you did, oh well. I spoke to some guy in charge of sales in mass about this and he blew me off. he was hiring another salesman to do more direct sales. that f!@#$r. :dunno I hate manufactures or distributor doing direct sales. someone know a lawyer, I think it's against the law. I remember bus law 101 in coll.,

doesn't this fall under the "anti-trust act" to protect guys under this situation.

I think madi is repositioning themselves to a different market. they are minimizing there manufactures distributor and are having more independent ones. they haven't been in sema in a while or any film expos. I feel sorry for cesar in huntington beach if they close that one.

suntek is shady. they have an old oak tree in front of there office. I call the suntek rep. eddie haskel from leave it to beaver. :lol2 he just doesn't understand.

Guest absolutetinting
bray is so screwed to deal with that there is literally no one up here using madico. why doesn't madico boot 'em and do something different? I'd love to try more madico but not if it means going through bray. :dunno

call cesar(huntington beach) he might be able to help you out. don't let the office girls know where your from though, they'll direct you to bray group.

Archived