Michigan tint law

TintJunkie

Guest VaTinterPMan

Michigan Law is a little shady on the two fronts, but from what I understand, it can be any VLT 4" from the top of the window. Some say only 35%. :bingo

The new last is t he 4" from the top any VLT. You see some people driving around that have a 4" contour strip to the top of the window that 1. looks stupid and 2. is still technically !llegal. However, probably half of any tint shops business up here is the 2 fronts on trucks and SUVs (it is detroit after all). The local cops up here will never give you a tint ticket, because half of them have their cars tinted, and just don't really care. Where I am is not the bad part of "the D", on the contrary its actually the very nice suburb areas. My car, and my families cars have been tinted all around for over 5 years, with not one issue. From what I hear from my customers, its only the state police that will give you a tint ticket, but since its a fix it ticket you have to be speeding or something else in order to be pulled over.

I know people always preach to stay legal on here, but at the same time I wouldn't be able to stay in business only doing legal jobs, because michigan doesnt allow anything on the from windows more or less. And realistically, I don't care what other people think, since its our state and business, and we can do what we want. MI has no liability or laws against the shops, so we have em sign a waiver and off they go.

You were saying before that its there right to pull you over for thinking its illegal, as they dont need a excuse to do so, just automatic pull over for thinking its to dark.

Archived