Layed OFF??????

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No that is how much money I have missed since I have been so called layed off! unemployment is 341 a week, and I have been layed off a total of 15.4 wks, that's 77 working days 5251 is the actual total.

So-called layed off?????? Don't collect unemployment if you're making your own money!!!!!!!!

So in other words you have not paid taxes in about one year and 4 months. I'm almost certian that you will owe more in taxes then you will get for unemployment (not to mention late fees and penalties). Like I said b4, you will probably just screw yourself more. :beer

So in other words you have not paid taxes in about one year and 4 months. I'm almost certian that you will owe more in taxes then you will get for unemployment (not to mention late fees and penalties). Like I said b4, you will probably just screw yourself more. :beer

:shoot1 Start your own business and make the big money :D

how many of us owners that pay and treat our employees good .Then they leave us in the summer because some fast talker promised them riches with out hard work . Then they find out about september the promise isnt there any more. Wake up tinters. Making a decent salary 12 months a year is better than making big money for 4 months and starve the other 8 months.

how many of us owners that pay and treat our employees good .Then they leave us in the summer because some fast talker promised them riches with out hard work . Then they find out about september the promise isnt there any more. Wake up tinters. Making a decent salary 12 months a year is better than making big money for 4 months and starve the other 8 months.

Well said. I would just leave it alone and move on as well. You can find work. Try being a waiter, or maybe think about opening up your own business. Its scary as hell to do so, but worth it in the end.

This isn't adding up right. If you are receiving unemployment that means you were an employee. If you are not an employee you will not be able to receive unemployment.

Either way, that so called owner is required to file either a W-2 or a 1099 since you made over $500 for the year

Tinitman has it right. I would say no matter what you do you are screwed. File against him to stick it up his aZZ, and YOU wil be paying (in overdue taxes plus interes and fines) plus a hit to your rep, should he know other owners in your area. It could cost you more in monies than you get Don't file, and you get nothing. My advice, take it as a life lesson and move on. Find a job doing whatever to pay the bills for now, and start a small tint Co. on the side. You will make more and be much happier.

Guest tintguy31707

You said you don't care about having to pay back the taxes.

In this case then I would rat on him... I believe everyone should pay taxes.

Someone here said %30 and thats about right... so if you made 30,000 that year thats 9,000 you'll have to pay to the government...

You will also have to hire a cpa to be sure your taxes are right so add in a couple hundred there.

Its going to cost you, but I also believe in treating people with respect, and it doesn't look like you have been given any here.

On a Bright note, if you could buy a house right now(which would be hard considering you can't prove income right now) you could get a

8,000 tax credit that would almost eat up that debt you would owe the government.

My kid's teacher needs a raise and she can't get it unless you pay your taxes :lol

Archived