Film on Film

Guest tonix435

Guest tonix435

Hello

I just moved to Fl and just got tint on top of my older tint...

I had 35% tint thats not even a year old, and put 30% on top of that...what does that equal to??

I want to be atleast close to legal in Florida.

Thanks

It kind of depends on the car and the film but if you put a meter on it I bet it would read about 9-12% It should equal about 10.5% So this is not close to legal. Legal is 28% in Florida for the fronts. The rears can be 15% All this with a 3% variance either way. 30% is what I put on front doors down here because it usually meters about 27-28%

why are all the tint laws so jacked up and every state have their own? I know here in alabama for the fronts its 32%

Because if it was a national law all of us would be out of business. If it was a national law, the glass manufacturers would be making glass for all windows that shade and after market would be gone

Guest fredstinting
Hello

I had 35% tint thats not even a year old, and put 30% on top of that...what does that equal to??

Thanks

come to cape coral florida I had a customer get a ticket here for 20 % on front doors and the cop meter it and told him it was 17% I striped and tinted the front doors 35% the 2nd time and he went to get it check and still didnt pass the local inspection they said it was 24% when metered then he decided when he went back the 3 time to have it meter with he take it with no film on the windows so he would pass and get the ticket paid for then he would come back and I would put 50% on the truck to be on safe side

when he asked the officer if the meter could be off or has it been calibrated or possibly the battery on the meter was weak the office said no and we are the police department we do nothing wrong

why are all the tint laws so jacked up and every state have their own? I know here in alabama for the fronts its 32%

Because if it was a national law all of us would be out of business. If it was a national law, the glass manufacturers would be making glass for all windows that shade and after market would be gone

Yeah true. I've never really thought of it like that. I love tint laws now :hmmm

Guest tintgod
Hello

Thanks

!llegal..PLUS...you just voided any warranty you had or thought you got on the second layer.

Guest Sunlimited

What gets me is when people say it's not enough so I want it darker. The difference in tser is only about 2% give or take, depending on the film.

Archived