How do you apply bumper piece?

How do you usually lay the film on to the bumper? Do you usually have another person help you lay the film on to the bumper? Or do you lay it on by yourself? Bumper is such a big piece that I think its impossible to lay the film on to the bumper by yourself. If I am wrong, I would like to know how to do it by myself. Like a bumper that uses 24 to 30 inch film with 80 plus inches in length.

First I use door edge guard strips to "tape" up the bumper. What I mean by that is connecting all the hanging bits to one another like on a Mercedes bumper where there is a big cutback section where those bump strips are. Another area would be where a bumper seams under the lower intakes or around fog lights, any place that could dangle onto the floor. Once thats done, I just lay the film upside down on across the hood and peel off the backing paper while wetting the film. Next, I just flip it over and tack it, first one side then the next. The door edge pieces will sorta help the film hold its shape while you flip it and those bits at the bottom don't touch the ground.

Most guys reverse roll but I just do that if its a bulk job.

First I use door edge guard strips to "tape" up the bumper. What I mean by that is connecting all the hanging bits to one another like on a Mercedes bumper where there is a big cutback section where those bump strips are. Another area would be where a bumper seams under the lower intakes or around fog lights, any place that could dangle onto the floor. Once thats done, I just lay the film upside down on across the hood and peel off the backing paper while wetting the film. Next, I just flip it over and tack it, first one side then the next. The door edge pieces will sorta help the film hold its shape while you flip it and those bits at the bottom don't touch the ground.

Most guys reverse roll but I just do that if its a bulk job.

This. There's the right way, then there's the speedfilm way.

Archived