Back sliders and Wings in older fords

Guest Drummmer69

Guest Drummmer69

Here in the land I live in, there are a TON of older fords with sliders and wings. Almost all of them have dirt road owners. What can a person do other than cleaning 3x's to get all the dirt and grime out of the back glasses on these p/us???? Ive never done a perfect one, just when I think I have all the crap off I spray and What do you know more dirt!! YAY!

they will never be "perfect" unless they are replaced with brand new glass and then only as good as any window can come with film....

I just sling the film as good as it can be and I never expect much perfection on anything older than a couple years of age.....

for the vent glass be sure that you do the "v" notch out of the rubber front edge. Cut the film exact on the outside and when you install inside it will slide just enough to make a nice micro edge...

as for the sliders you need to define "older" The ones with the rubber/plastic edges you can heat up the plastic a bit at a time and trim it to make for an edge to slide the film into...or just clean it as good as you can....

Ive done many as well, and they have turned out really, really good. I try to flush out all the gaskets over and over, and constantly go back and rewipe. The wings are easy to clean and easy to film. you know its clean when your paper towel is clean after you wipe.

Guest thatsnappyguy

when I get the old ones with the flat back glass, I just pull the glass out and rope it back in after im done.

when I get the old ones with the flat back glass, I just pull the glass out and rope it back in after im done.
:nono This is the technique to use especially if you've got lot's of these types of vehicles coming in. Search this site and you'll find lot's of info on the procedure, pics as well if memory serves. :poke

Archived