Old corvette tint

Guest Chick

This is one of my corvettes. I am the original owner and had the tint done in 1976 when my vette was 2 years old. It has held up remarkably well, only I some how managed to score the tint on the passenger window. I also had the vinyl hardtop rear window tinted at the same time. I can't believe how well it's held up but I think I will have them all done again. This is the pass side window with the score-cut on it. Does anyone know a place in SW Florida that can do the work? Thanks.

dd3.jpg

and this is the vinyl hardtop with tint

6421b68dbce8.jpg

You mean the black vinyl hard top? If thats what you mean.... in 1974 it was 100 dollar option... imagine that (includes a rear def in that rear window too) and under 400 were produced with that hard vinyl top. Mine is like new. I never put on the car cause it will score the paint on deck lid. I've been offered allot of money for that top but will keep it. That was also the only year for the split urethane rear bumper.

in 1974 T-tops were the base and came this way... you could order a

Convertible only or

Convertible and an added order, of t-tops or the (solid vinyl hard top only available if you ordered a convertible) and also a solid colored hard top.

here are the order codes

C07 Auxiliary Hardtop (convertible only) 2,612 were ordered in 74 and the price for this option was $267

and mine

C08 Vinyl Covered Auxiliary Hardtop (convertible only) 367 were ordered and the option price was $329

You mean the black vinyl hard top? If thats what you mean.... in 1974 it was option... imagine that (includes a rear def in that rear window too) and under 400 were produced with that hard vinyl top. Mine is like new. I never put on the car cause it will score the paint on deck lid. I've been offered allot of money for that top but will keep it. That was also the only year for the split urethane rear bumper.

in 1974 T-tops were the base and came this way... you could order a

Convertible only or

Convertible and an added order, of t-tops or the (solid vinyl hard top only available if you ordered a convertible) and also a solid colored hard top.

here are the order codes

C07 Auxiliary Hardtop (convertible only) 2,612 were ordered in 74 and the price for this option was $267

and mine

C08 Vinyl Covered Auxiliary Hardtop (convertible only) 367 were ordered and the option price was $329