charger kicked my @$$

Guest Jerry250f

Guest Jerry250f

Sounds lame but I don't understand why I couldn't get it down. :idea:spit The rear window kept giving me h3ll, is this a easy shrink? I mean I've done quite a few cars with success some pretty hard ones like rabbit or gtis.

Had to send them home with no tint which I hate to do.

I was trying to dry shrink with wax , and moved on to soap. I'm using QDP for this one and usually don't have any problems except here and there but I always get it done.

Any advice or tips on where to anchor it down and whats the best method to do it.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno
Sounds lame but I don't understand why I couldn't get it down. :idea:spit The rear window kept giving me h3ll, is this a easy shrink? I mean I've done quite a few cars with success some pretty hard ones like rabbit or gtis.

I was trying to dry shrink with wax , and moved on to soap. I'm using QDP for this one and usually don't have any problems except here and there but I always get it done.

Any advice or tips on where to anchor it down and whats the best method to do it.

they aren't quite as easy as they look. I'd say their about a medium shrink, since its pretty evenly distributed. once you do one, then their cake.

basically set your anchor a tad high, and go back and forth maybe 2 layers on the top and bottom. Then I like to do a little lift and pull in the corners and then move back and smooth out the center, then smooth out the sides. I don't know if that makes sense. I used QDP and I think they shrink down pretty easy

Guest GreenCove

If you are having trouble getting it all in one piece, you could always tint up to the lines at the top then cut a piece in to cover the lines?

Guest Jerry250f

I tried that too. I was thinking about vinyling the top. I have to say I've gotten alot better at shrinking but idk what the heck happened. Frustrating I wasted alot of time on it today.

Maybe I will try another go at it if I can find someone with a charger who doesn't mind me practicing.

Oh yeah and I have been using QDP for a while now and I just got a new roll last week that I used on this job same stuff as before, is there any possibility of something being defective on the roll? I've done idk 6 trucks or so on this roll but no real shrinking was needed.

Guest Crackz

qdp is not the easiest shrink you need high heat and leave the film longer so you can shrink to where you need it and discard the rest

and by no means is that car a easy shrink especially with qdp

The widows difficult because its so TALL :spit... With windows like that You need to learn how to "feed" the excess tint out to the sides of the window WHILE Your shrinking it. Hard to explain, but when You start Your shrink on the bottom, instead of pushing down with the hard card, go down and out towards the sides. This gets rid of ALOT of excess film. Try it...krazy.gif Sounds crazy but it works. No need to two piece or vinyl that window.

Guest Crackz

you have to learn you way around the global shrink it take a bit of practice ....im using solargard at the present for my main line and it shrinks like butter

Guest Jerry250f

Global swears they're the best for shrinking and things and its nice but sometimes it doesn't do what I want it to. I really like the film and the color but I guess ill have to really get good with it or use something easier.

Archived