charger kicked my @$$

Guest Jerry250f

Guest tintpro2007
Sounds lame but I don't understand why I couldn't get it down. :krazytantrum.gif The rear window kept giving me h3ll, is this a easy shrink? I mean I've done quite a few cars with success some pretty hard ones like rabbit or gtis.

Had to send them home with no tint which I hate to do.

I was trying to dry shrink with wax , and moved on to soap. I'm using QDP for this one and usually don't have any problems except here and there but I always get it done.

Any advice or tips on where to anchor it down and whats the best method to do it.

Deff. not the easyiest shrink, but all I can say is take your time and heat heat heat... Agree that it's a medium shrink. Good luck :krazy

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did one last week. I thought it would be cake but there's more to it than you'd think. I did it the same way as I do Neon's or last style Intrepids... same as mentioned above. Do the lined section at the top in a separate piece. I find it lays down over the lines better too ? I still have the issue where one day I'll do a Mazda 6 sedan with no issues and the next day an Altima rear window will kick my ass. Just depends I guess. I always get them down though. If it's Global, like classonglass said, leave extra at the top and bottom, lift and pull and shrink a healthy amount near the anchor and continue down. It'll work out.

Guest scottydosnntkno
I did one last week. I thought it would be cake but there's more to it than you'd think. I did it the same way as I do Neon's or last style Intrepids... same as mentioned above. Do the lined section at the top in a separate piece. I find it lays down over the lines better too ? I still have the issue where one day I'll do a Mazda 6 sedan with no issues and the next day an Altima rear window will kick my ass. Just depends I guess. I always get them down though. If it's Global, like classonglass said, leave extra at the top and bottom, lift and pull and shrink a healthy amount near the anchor and continue down. It'll work out.

yeah on the cars that need more shrink you need to leave it longer because it needs a lot of heat so it has a tendency to burn at the edges

Guest Crackz

are you using a real heat gun or a 29.99 special you need the red milwalkie or craftsman pro to shrink that film right global sends you a model number when you buy your first roll on suggested heat gun

are you using a real heat gun or a 29.99 special you need the red milwalkie or craftsman pro to shrink that film right global sends you a model number when you buy your first roll on suggested heat gun

:krazy switched over to the red mil 2 yrs ago and what a difference! I was using the 29.99 specials before that :krazy and I couldnt take it anymore.

I use a cheap azz Milwakee and never had a problem with this window, and I do it wet. I think it just comes down to experience. Keep trying Jerry. Difficult to lay b/c of the length though.

Guest Crackz

I use a cheap azz Milwakee and never had a problem with this window, and I do it wet. I think it just comes down to experience. Keep trying Jerry. Difficult to lay b/c of the length though.

are you shrinking qdp with that :krazy gun

Oh, no Im not. Sorry, now after looking at previous posts, I see it takes heat to shrink it. Sorry.

Guest Crackz

Oh, no Im not. Sorry, now after looking at previous posts, I see it takes heat to shrink it. Sorry.

no problem cause I was gonna say your the man dude teach us the way of the shrink LOL :beer:krazy

Archived