BMW 745

Guest Darkstyle

Guest Darkstyle

Hi

I was wondering if any one has done a BMW 745 because i´ve got one this week and wondering if anyone has any tips!

Thanks

Regards

Guest thatsnappyguy

the radio brain is in the trunk on in the left panel that opens up. shove some towels in there to keep the brain from getting wet. other than that...its a tint job.

The rear door chrome molding pops right off. You can pull it off with your hands. I use to stuff towels in the back but every time I take the towels out they're not wet. Now I dont even stuff towels back there anymore. Tape the side felt and try not to get the window switches wet. :twocents

Guest thatsnappyguy
The rear door chrome molding pops right off. You can pull it off with your hands. I use to stuff towels in the back but every time I take the towels out they're not wet. Now I dont even stuff towels back there anymore. Tape the side felt and try not to get the window switches wet. :twocents

well one time I didnt stuff towels back there and it cost me $1,200 for a new brain from BMW. take you chances...they always wet when I pull them out.

Guest tintpro2007

Just pulled a 750 out of the bay that I just completed, like thatsnappyguy said, make sure to cover up that computer thing... Just don't spray alot of excess water, spray only what ya need, good luck :twocents

Post pics after the job mahg

Guest oasisglatint
The rear door chrome molding pops right off. You can pull it off with your hands. I use to stuff towels in the back but every time I take the towels out they're not wet. Now I dont even stuff towels back there anymore. Tape the side felt and try not to get the window switches wet. beer.gif

well one time I didnt stuff towels back there and it cost me $1,200 for a new brain from BMW. take you chances...they always wet when I pull them out.

:gasp Ouch!

Same thing happened to me on my first one back when they were first out. The BMW dealer hooked me up and took care of it for me... Their AWESOME!!!

Now I use towels in the trunk, but I have come up with another idea that helps even more........ I take tork wipes and roll them into little buritos and stuff them in the back window at the bottom... there is a "perfect" gap for them to sit and absorb!!!!!!

To boot... I squeegee up from the bottom and catch the water with my wipe towel...... Works like a charm :beer

Guest scottydosnntkno
The rear door chrome molding pops right off. You can pull it off with your hands. I use to stuff towels in the back but every time I take the towels out they're not wet. Now I dont even stuff towels back there anymore. Tape the side felt and try not to get the window switches wet. :thumb

:lol6 Ouch!

Same thing happened to me on my first one back when they were first out. The BMW dealer hooked me up and took care of it for me... Their AWESOME!!!

Now I use towels in the trunk, but I have come up with another idea that helps even more........ I take tork wipes and roll them into little buritos and stuff them in the back window at the bottom... there is a "perfect" gap for them to sit and absorb!!!!!!

To boot... I squeegee up from the bottom and catch the water with my wipe towel...... Works like a charm :lol6

beer.gif I do the same thing with my benz dealer. They always take care of me, and any issues I have. Panels and back deck are out when I arrive :thumb makes it a cakewalk on any of their cars.

on the bentleys/745s/etc I shove a half roll of paper towel in each side(like someone else on here said?) to catch the water. Its worth the $2, plus you can usually reuse most of the paper towel for cleanup.

The rear door chrome molding pops right off. You can pull it off with your hands. I use to stuff towels in the back but every time I take the towels out they're not wet. Now I dont even stuff towels back there anymore. Tape the side felt and try not to get the window switches wet. :thumb

I dont just pop the cover off the sides I'll take my panel popper and take the entire thing out and stuff towels over everything. I've done this several times and my towels were never wet or even moist. I don't spray that much slip on these cars. Your right snappy why take chances. :lol6

Archived