Tinting Rollups

Guest thatsnappyguy

I know a guy that does something simular....

basically the same way except that instead of using towels, use the liner that u peeled off the film.

clean window, peel liner, lay liner where you towels are, go back and get the film, install. personally I dont see the differance in just doing the 50/50 peel like we all do already.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno
you are right...that is a technique that I have never seen.. :wall ..and I hope I never see again.. :wall

I just dont see the purpose of the paper towels myself..I would think having just laying the fiilm on the clean plastic door panel would be cleaner. :dunno

I am always open to trying new think...but to tell you the truth..this is one that I wouldnt and wont be trying...but if it works for you and your customers are happy with the result..they more power to you. :wall

I do the same thing but have it lay on the plastic panel after wiping it down real good before hand. I get less contam than I did when I did a 50/50 peel :beer

Guest tint51
I know a guy that does something simular....

basically the same way except that instead of using towels, use the liner that u peeled off the film.

clean window, peel liner, lay liner where you towels are, go back and get the film, install. personally I dont see the differance in just doing the 50/50 peel like we all do already.

I agree! :dunno

I always clean the panel real well, but I'm going to try this next car I think.

Wow...finally someone willing to at least TRY it! Thats what "Tips and techniques" is about....sharing information amongst ourselves. Not standing on our pedestals proclaiming to be "GAWD" :dunno and knowing everything! Let Me know how it turns out 250f! :wall

Thats cool TD! I know that Your not the type to bang on someone without a reason! sweat.gif It does sometimes confuse Me when other folks just dismiss an idea without even trying it, but I have to admit, I was skeptical when I first saw it. No More! Some people let the film lay right on the door panel, I choose to put paper towels there. As long as they're WET, they will not leave fibers in the window. So You keep the contamination from the door panel out of the film. It's just a technique that I was shown, and then used exclusively. Much easier for Me to just pull entire liner, and go. And yes there may be a slight side crease sometimes on the tall side, but much smaller to me, then when hanging with the liner on. Maybe an eight of an inch. :lol

Guest scottydosnntkno
Thats cool TD! I know that Your not the type to bang on someone without a reason! :thumb It does sometimes confuse Me when other folks just dismiss an idea without even trying it, but I have to admit, I was skeptical when I first saw it. No More! Some people let the film lay right on the door panel, I choose to put paper towels there. As long as they're WET, they will not leave fibers in the window. So You keep the contamination from the door panel out of the film. It's just a technique that I was shown, and then used exclusively. Much easier for Me to just pull entire liner, and go. And yes there may be a slight side crease sometimes on the tall side, but much smaller to me, then when hanging with the liner on. Maybe an eight of an inch. :lol

I get the same thing, and with a little heat it goes away right away

Guest tintgod
..and I hope I never see again......clapping.gif

So guest not_worthy.gif.........I suppose I can't count on Your vote for T.O.T.W.?laughing.gif

Holla! Oh wait, not ANOTHER Benz that I did at 3 + books permoney.gif........WHILE My p@nties were in a bunch!

IMG00008-20090619-1824.jpg

Don't hate....appreciate......

dont make me show you the 3G job I did the other day...you can have all the cars you want...I am happy with doing res and commercial..and make 3G in a nice cool house in one day...HOLLA.!!! :thumb

by the way...I wasn't hating ...I was just stating my opinion of your technique.everyone has their own way to doing things..some ppl will like your way and some will not .and I said if it works for you and you customers..good . :lol

Archived